Food List??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Food List??

Postby hedwig » 06 Nov 2016, 23:02

Hey you all,

So, I'm an American currently on a grant in Southeast Asia; I've been living in the Philippines for two months. I am currently in week two of the healing (got diagnosed with this thing a week and a half ago). Docs say that it's just a small cut and not an emergency, and there's no abscess on the inside.

I think that my pain IS lessening overall, but man. These spasms are really debilitating and I have a performance this weekend, so I'm scared. I can't believe that for a small cut (I can't see it) it causes this much pain. I've had to take breaks in the studio just to lie on my side and cry for a bit.

I'm a vegetarian, which my docs all said was good. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what EXACTLY is good to eat and what precisely I should avoid?? I'm also so nervous about the 23 hour journey I have back to the states next Thursday (11 days from now).

Gosh!!! This whole experience BLOWS. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hedwig.
hedwig

Topics: 1

Re: Food List??

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2016, 06:25

It is not easy about food. Stay off spicy, go for what's easily digestible. Don't eat to excess. Don't overdo the fibre. Drink lots of water. I landed up eating almost a liquid diet I was in such pain (baby food too...organic!) Not a good idea, but there you are. I am also vegetarian. Make sure you do not get constipated or dehydrated. Also, if the doctor did not give you any medication, make sure that when you get home you see a CRS immediately. Your fissure is still in the acute period, so something like Rectiv or Diltiazem/Nifedipine creams/ointments would really help. Keep on top of the pain with non-constipating painkillers. Soak your rear in a bath. When you get home, invest in a Sitz Bath (Rite Aid has the best one in my estimation.).

AFs are nasty little things, packing far more of a bite for their size than they should. I was in agony for 18 months as I could not get an early diagnosis.

Hope some of the above helps. :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222