LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 08:01

Better yet! Why couldnt we just be able to solve all our problems by a push of a button that could genetically modify all the faults!!! "Today I want to splurge on a 3 course meal with Pork spare ribs loaded with bbq sauce." (press button) Zero calories, space for more and peanut butter like BM.

A
Boss.
:kittylaugh:

I wish I had a button...
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 08:15

Heck yes...can you get me one of those buttons please....I would like a baked Camembert with some ciabatta and then some roast lamb with port sauce and then sticky toffee pudding...oh and a glass of Zinfandel to start and some sherry to finish...where's that blooming button... :lol:
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 08:33

This is torture....
I ate a handfull of lupini beans pickled in brine last night and it tasted like Gods Nectar! I have reached a new low. lol. Some foods that slightly deviate from my diet just taste so good. Imagine when I am finally able to sink my teeth into something better...

How are you feeling by the way? Everything still stable?
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 08:47

Well it's been 2 hours since my soup and toast my tummy is making noise but nothing too major lol glad I only had a bit...I may be brave and have another slice of toast tonight.
Tell me about it I long to eat something other than bread soup or meat...just a nice lasagne or a chilli...basically something that has flavour really lol. I never really minded going to the toilet 4 times after a nice chilli but since the fissure once a day is all the pain I can handle....so no nice food for me till this fissure has gone
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 09:29

I try load some herbs like oregano and thyme onto my fish with a little lemon zest. Meat I havent had in about 2 months. Im going to have a little pork tonight but I know I'll have to be a little careful with how much or else I'll just bloat up.

I Love to cook and obviously eat (in moderation - used to weigh 120kgs now down to 80kg) so this has in a way been a new learning curve on how to eat for the fissure without losing the flavour but there are some things that I miss dearly like a good medium rare 500g texas steak. Drool.

Wholewheat toast right? I find that wholewheat (no solid grains) sliced bread comes out fine. Prunes and raisins also help keep things going well so I make sure that I have at least 6 prunes a day and a handful of raisins over snack time. BMs are about a 4 or softer 98% of the time. I cant believe how aware I've become on the QUALITY of sh!t. (excuse the french - habit)
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 09:43

:D yes I too have never been so concerned about the consistency of what comes out...
I'm fine with meat, have to be a bit careful with fish though. I haven't had a single bit of fruit in 18 months... I used to work hard to eat healthy but now I eat solely for the fissure...I have lost 6 stone up to now and am actually looking thin for the first time in years....but I would put it all back on to never have gone through this.
Nope I have white bread when I'm scared as wholewheat can rarely upset my colon I daren't take any risks right now.
I just go way too often if I'm not super careful...and for me because my BMs can be acidic I prefer a Bristol 3....although being picky for my next BM I want a 4 lol...gosh I used to discuss things like realism and idealism...now it's all about the consistency of my poop :lol:
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 09:50

Yeah... Ive noticed that lately 9 times out of 10 I only have crap conversation...

a 3 for me would send me to the moon and back I think. I try keep it to a 4. Sometimes if I want it at a 5 all I do is have a fibre shake Ive concocted for breakfast.

1 cup of bran flakes
1 tbs of peanutbutter
1 tbs of coconut oil
1 tbs of honey
1 cup of skim milk
30ml of Dulcosoft.

Blend it all together to a fine liquid and down the hatch. Its actually quite nice and keeps things very soft. By 10am I have a BM that basically falls right out of me.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 09:55

I think th fissure has some direct line to the brain...I start out with the intention of having a normal conversation...then bang I'm talking about poop again lol.
If I have a 5 it kills for hours n hours after like someone has dumped a load of sulphuric acid up my butt.
That sounds quite nice actually apart from the dulcosoft lol...something I would have really enjoyed pre fissure.
At least you have lots of strategies in place for when you have your op
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 10:11

I hope they work. I cant wait until I get the letter to go for prep
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 10:15

Fingers crossed it won't be too long for you