Re-tear after Re-tear

Need help with straining issues

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re-tear after Re-tear

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 15:04

So I have has a fissure for just over 2 years , had the creams, scraping out of the fissure with Botox then an abcess removed a year ago ok Now on week 7 of Botox again and so far not doing great I keep re-tearing, if I go more than one a day I will tear even though the stools are soft very frustrating! But every time about a week before I'm due ok my ibs plays up and I have to strain more than usual when having a bm, I get the urge to go and I don't strain to start but I always have to strain to Finnish it just never budges without me pushing I've tried sitting there for a while, walking around etc but doesn't happen (and sometimes not convinient) and sometimes feels like it's stuck so I can't just go about my day! I drink a lot of water infact that's all I drink, I have 1 and a half cups of molaxole in the evening, a magnesium and a glass of prune juice before I go to bed and still doesn't help, I never have a hard stool anymore with what I take but I just re-tear due to having to strain I'm so fed up with healing well then having to start all over again has anyone had This problem and managed to solve it?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: Re-tear after Re-tear

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 16:27

Hi Hun this is just a thought and may be totally wrong but my CRS doesn't want me staying on the amitryptiline for longer than 3/5 years as used at higher doses or long periods it can actually cause the sphincter to tighten. Not sure if that might be contributing but he said it can leave you with the feeling of not being able to finish your BM...he showed me a study carried out think you can google it online, might not be anything to do with it but I had the thought as I have just had a horrible evening and may have to up my dosage
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 16:49

That's interesting I have been on it for 11 years! Although now I'm only down to 25mg? What are you on hun? The thing is it really helps with my ibs pain before I was on it I could hardly eat anything without being in pain
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 17:35

I'm on 10 but uping it to 20 tonight, ah you might be okk my CRS said he has some people who he believes have got fissures from it but the were on like 250mg. It actually hasn't stopped my pain but wasn't having to go to the toilet...hoping 20mg will work a bit better he wanted me to start on 50mg but when I started that high last time my liver really didn't like it
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 17:46

Yeah I always go up on mine a little bit when my ibs spasms play up which unfortunately is near period time then makes things worse for my fissure can't win lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 17:50

Tell me about it half the meds that would help with my crohns I can't have due to my liver....I won't be pleased if I have to go higher and the liver throws a strop...it's like come on can we all not work together for once please....stupid inconsiderate colon lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 18:06

lol it's a nightmare isn't it! If it helps cut them in half that's what I do and just go up by Half as and when you need to that way you don't get as many side effects! God I'm dreading going to the toilet in the morning don't think I can handle a 3rd tear in a week
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 18:10

I'm normally okk with side effects they don't tend to happen I think it because my liver doesn't actually metabolise it once it get too hard for it so I guess in one way that's good.
I can imagine Hun I have taken a loperamide too as I cannot go again tonight I will just cry.
This is so abnormal fearing something that is normal, natural and needed, no wonder some days we can't cope.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 18:15

Aww I see well I hope you don't have to go up on them by much hopefully then won't cause too many problems! I know I'm actually shocked Ive managed to cope for this long I think I must say I can't do this anymore at least once a week my poor husband now just ignores if I say it so often lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 18:27

Glad it's not just my husband then...I have stopped saying anything now as it just gets him annoyed...in his eyes I should be better by now and that's that lol.
I'm sure it will get easier for you Hun even if you have to have LIS your fissures seems to heal and the LIS will stop the retears x
Mypoorbutt