11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 05 Jan 2017, 16:50

Felix -- first of all, GREAT to hear from you....it has been a while and it is always nice to hear from old buddies on this forum. I'd love to hear about how you are doing etc.

For me I dont really experience any/much pain at this point...though I did for about 4/5 days with what I think was hemmies/piles. If you can feel it when you stick a finger up there is it considered internal or external?

While I dont really have pain...I am still taking about a half dose of Miralax to make sure i keep it soft -- seems that when it gets a bit harder I have problems. Part of my issue is I am not sure what is really going on...am I aggravating a papilla or is it a hemmie or is it both...hard for me to know. The other day I went to the loo and boom...some blood on the TP. that time I didnt even really feel a pinch. Not a lot of blood...but enough to get the PTSD flowing if you know what I mean.

I am "living" with it for now and I dont think that my issues are that serious...but I had hoped I would be done with the pinches and episodes of blood etc. My plan is to continue on the miralax for another month or two and hope that things calm down and that i can slowly wean off and see how I do. My next appointment with a CRS is a follow up next summer...perhaps then I will set a different course...last time I saw him he recommended stopping the miralax.

So little pain...some discomfort when I have the blood, some pain for 4/5 days with what I think was a hemmie -- but annoyed and annoying stuff.

Thanks again for your words and for stopping by.

All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Canadabum » 05 Jan 2017, 21:34

So as luck would have it...just a handful of hours since my last post and I have gone to the loo...and blood. I mean real blood...some drip drops in to the bowl, not just on a wipe.

No real pain other than a bit of a pinch feeling....I am sitting in a sitz and unsure what the heck is going on. Oh boy...what a rollercoaster!

Wonder if I should make a sooner appt with the crs just so someone can look up there.
Canadabum

Postby felix » 06 Jan 2017, 17:24

Hi canadabum, great to hear from you too and sorry to hear you have been having a few issues but overall it sounds like you are so much better than you were.. It's tough at the moment as I seem to have some sort of irritation and awareness most of the time, this varies from pain for a few days that j think if piles as well, to crawling feelings. No blood and never pain like before but still enough to tell me I am not fully ok. I feel like this will never truly go and am quite worried it will come back badly if I get a tummy bug or eat something I shouldn't. Would just love to be normal again! I also think there's a massive psychological element to all of this that is really tough to get over, I totally get your ptsd at the sight of blood!
Anyway, I hope you continue to get better x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby felix » 06 Jan 2017, 17:27

Oh and I think external piles can be felt from outside but so can internal if they have moved down after a poo.. I think it's prob common to have piles after all the trauma to that area from having the fissure.
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 10 Jan 2017, 22:08

Felix - I can totally relate to wondering when/if all this will one day be over. I try my best to live it one day at a time and not extrapolate too much. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with sensations, some pain etc - I know those feelings and had them every day for at least a year..then they mostly tapered off.

For me now I am trying to figure out if I have hems - I am pretty sure they are not external...but not 100% certain. I had some pain, then blood a week or so later and since that episode have been totally fine. For some reason I don't understand I have the same sort of pain today that feels like a mild burning pain (not like fissure burn though) and I think it may be a hem. Is that what you feel?

I am a hem newbie - so any suggestions on how to manage or - even better - make go away - would be much appreciated.

Please stay in touch -- always good to hear from you.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Jan 2017, 03:07

Hi CB,
I have had hems since my IBS started at 12, there are 2 things that have consistently got rid of them
Apple cider vinegar soaked cotton wool placed on hems for 20 mins at least twice a day...obviously if you think you may still have a fissure I wouldn't do this one lol...this used to make them virtually disappear in about 3 days
Colodial silver soaked cotton wool again on hems for 20 mins as often as possible takes a bit longer to work than the vinegar but is safer if you have a fissure.
I know these work for external hems and I have put the silver inside for internal hems.
Mine used to really hurt and still can yes it is a burning swollen achy feeling. None of the hem creams ever made much difference to the size of mine
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby felix » 11 Jan 2017, 16:34

Thanks for the kind words Canadabum, it really helps to hear from someone who has been going through the same thing for as long! I do get the burny feeling when my pile/ skin tag thing is swollen so do think that is a symptom of piles too. I had q skin tag from a forceps delivery and had it long before the fissure so remember feeling the burning sometimes before having any blood or anything close to the nightmare of an active fissure.
I have had mine for 2 years now and can live with it at this level, I certainly don't want to risk surgery at the moment.
I think it's a really positive sign that you don't have much pain, maybe it's all just s bit over sensitive on that are now??
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 26 Jan 2017, 18:31

Canadabum, just had Botox one month ago for internal fissure (had for 6 months) it healed in two weeks * two weeks the shots must have caused them to inflame I guess, Doctor said I had two of them and one ext. so painful, but different then fissure pain, but still have aching, throbbing burny pinching feeling and still have tightness and severe knot higher up also, I read a CRS stated that internal hems can pull on all of those muscles up to the tailbone and create a feeling of constantly having to go to the bathroom along with the other pains. I did not want to take anusol which he prescribed because I do not want to subject the fissure to any risk of tearing. I never dealt with these before, and seems that although the fissure is healed underlying tissue still needs to recover. So there is a chance all of this will pass to a reasonable level of functioning life again.. need alittle encouragement today, Even the not as bad does are still painful all of the time.. Light and healing on it's way
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 01 Mar 2017, 19:03

Hi All...just checking in. I'm generally decent -- though last week had the dreaded scrape and blood. For the last week going to the loo has been a bit painful and with the added bonus of blood....I think it is a papilla issue...whatever it is it sucks...but so it goes. I'm being more diligent with all the routines and hoping to get back to pain and blood free life soon.

I havent been around as much as I am super busy at work...and generally trying not to focus on my butt too much...somehow it has a way of reminding me its still there though!

I hope you are all well.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby mamafizz » 01 Mar 2017, 19:27

HI CB,

Glad to see you are mostly back to normal?! Wonder if you ever experienced muscle achy sometimes burny soreness constant after fissure healed? Botox healed says surgeon about a month or so ago. But and fissure pain is much better, but now have this ongoing sometimes spasm and area high up. Sometimes golfball feeling, seems as though it's sort of the universal healing process for butt issues, just wondering if you or you recall others who had this and then healed fully and this went away?! Any info would be great to know..
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1