Spasms continuing after healed?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Spasms continuing after healed?!

Postby mamafizz » 19 Feb 2017, 13:20

yes Botox def helped... I just read some additional posts and what we are experiencing is part of recovering..Prayers to all..Mediation for today.. How many of the worlds prayers have gone unanswered because those who prayed did not endure to the end? they thought it was too late , that they must act for themselves, that God was not guiding them. "He that has endureth shall be saved. I will try to endure with courage. If I endure, God will unlock those secret spiritual treasures that are hidden from those who do not endure to the end. I pray that I may follow God's Guidance. The best is yet to come...!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 19 Feb 2017, 14:38

Thank you so much PS - keep on staying positive and you'll get through this!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby GilmoreGirl » 22 Feb 2017, 09:32

Rough couple of days. Stopped taking morphine and it turns out that it was causing my severely upset stomach. I was taking a maximum of 5 mg in a day, normally 2.5 only. Despite this I'm experiencing severe withdrawal - nausea, BAD diarrhea, hot/cold flashes and aching. Not to mention the butt pain is through the roof due to lack of morphine and diarrhea.

I'm pretty sure that the diarrhea I had all of December (until I started morphine again) was due to morphine withdrawal - it was like my system completely reset. And at that time, I was only taking it for about two weeks!

This is so frustrating. I took 1/8th of an immodium (because last time I took 1/4 I was backed up for days) and it seems to help a little...but I'm wondering if I'd be better off taking the amitryptiline? Or will it cause the same side effects as the morphine?

So tired, I wish I had the positive attitude and strength that you others seem to have, but I just am feeling like giving up.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Feb 2017, 10:14

Hi Hun,
If I was you I would try the amytriptiline instead of the Imodium, it may help with the other side effects of coming off morphine...think I may have to admit defeat and go back on codiene though.
I guess this will slow down once you have got through the first week or so, when are you next seeing about the LIS as you really do need it
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 22 Feb 2017, 11:39

GG, Hang in there, Try to relax, it's just that it takes soo long and is so painful it is hard to cope with, I too am learning. I want soo badly to be back to my normal self and life and you have to be kind to yourself. AND KNOW IT WILL GET BETTER. Special Prayers today... You are strong.. only strong people can deal with this and the experience is a teacher. Something good will come of this... we just don't know what it is yet... haha There is a really good song I will send you the link, it is a rock song but for some reason has healing properties.. it makes you dance.. it's called Light at the end of the tunnel.. , it means no matter how hard a thing your going through you can get to the light at the end of the tunnel powerful (3 brothers are in the group. We have the power to heal) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVknqkCkB3E
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Feb 2017, 17:55

Thanks both of you for the encouragement.

Withdrawal is very VERY slowly easing off. My doctors agree that my system is incredibly sensitive. Still having some bathroom issues and mostly nausea and stomach pain. Bm's are irritating the fissure - very loose and small but burn and are difficult for me to pass. Spoke to my surgeon today and two things were decided:

1. I will try amitryptiline + miralax to try and get the great bms I was having on morphine back (without the added stomach pain) and to hopefully help with sleep, pain, and general ibs. I'm hoping it doesn't make me pack on the pounds lol...most antidepressants seem to have that effect on me!

2. I will be having LIS before the end of march. It has not been booked yet but will probably be in the later half of the month. My goal is to try and get the stomach pain gone and bms regular and under control before then.

My surgeon basically said that I did a great job of sticking it out to try everything I could, but if I don't have relief yet, it's unlikely it will just come with time. She did not say whether it was an "open or closed" LIS (still a bit confused on that) but she said she would be cutting on the side of the anus from the outside, the incision would be small, and I forgot to ask if there would be stitches! Oops. She said that she really thinks it will give me relief, but if it ends up not working she will test the resting pressure of the sphincter again and if it is still high, do a LIS on the other side a couple months later. Worst case scenario. She says most patients have less pain than pre-surgery at her follow up vists a few weeks after surgery.

I only have to fast before - thank goodness no prep is required!

The interesting thing we did talk about is that she says she thinks that I have skin tags/internal hems that are contributing to the pain - but that I likely had them before this all started and the only reason that they may be painful is that a) the sphincter is so tight it's squeezing them tightly all the time and b) the sphincter is so tight that I have to push a lot during bms. So doing the LIS should help.

Ouf so anyways, feeling nervous, but if I can get the bms to become predictable I will feel much more confident.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 25 Feb 2017, 16:40

Hi GG, I would like to tell you that it is getting better... The Botox did help the sphincter for sure and I am able to go out each day, shop, took my dad to an outing, for short periods, It is sore and and kind of dull ache but spasms are getting better and the burning is better some days, and it is continuing to heal. . continue with faith, we are getting there.. Last month not so much.. maybe the Diosimin would help you too, it is helping with the inflammation. if you would like the link it is a natural supplement with hesperadin (Something like that also) I know it is helping..
He said when the inflammation goes down the muscles are not as aggravated and it helps to relax it. Let me know.
*It's about 3 weeks and noticing improvements!!!.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Feb 2017, 17:14

That's great MF!! I'm so happy you're seeing improvement. Right now, my doctors are trying to give my digestive system a break, as I'm still having a very upset stomach 24/7, so I'm hesitant to add in a supplement, but I will look it up and add it to the repertoire of options!! Thanks so much
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Feb 2017, 11:20

Ouf so stomach pain seemed to suddenly ease off the past two days - what a relief that was. I also had more solid bms. But this morning I am back to waking up with pain, loose bowel movements (very very difficult for me to pass with this tight sphincter) etc.

Still taking amitryptiline and was taking miralax but may not tonight due to loose stool.

It's like my digestive system moves to a certain point, I get severe cramps like I have to go, but then I have so much trouble having a bm! I wish things would just quiet down and be simple for once
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby positivesun » 28 Feb 2017, 23:00

Mama now that is has been a couple weeks, would you recommend the Botox treatment to a fellow suffer? Thanks for the input. Lots of love and prayers.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7