Due to have LIS but dont have painfu spasms

LIS booked and anxious

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Due to have LIS but dont have painfu spasms

Postby Becka456 » 13 Mar 2017, 13:42

I have had a chronic fissure for just over 2 years now, I have had botox twice and still wont heal before I had the botox I had painful spasms for over 7 hours a day it was horrific but even though my botox has run out ages ago the painful spasms never came back I just fee really sore all the time, I have had the pressure testing done and my consultant has booked me in for the LIS but if I don't get the painful spasms anymore will that mean I wont feel any difference im also worried it wont heal still either, has anyone ever had the LIS without the painful spasms? or am I just panicking!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: Due to have LIS but dont have painfu spasms

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Mar 2017, 14:36

Hi Hun my spasms had more or less stopped after my Botox but my fissure wouldn't heal...it is now 95% healed after 15 weeks post LIS...you know my story I won't bore you. Just to say that I healed very quick with the LIS even with my other issues.
IT has just had LIS and his spasms had already stopped and he is practically pain free less than a week after LIS so if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about healing...it will happen and your burning aching will also go. If I'm not having a flare I can now stand stillwithout the burn starting couldn't do that even after Botox
Do you have a date hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 13 Mar 2017, 14:41

Hey Hun, think I'm just getting really anxious now it's on the 6th of April have my pre-op tomorrow morning. Just keep worrying that il have it and end up not being able to hold a bowel movement and panicking about eating out etc and then it doesn't even heal I know that's worse case scenario but my anxiety likes to think about the worse lol and then I'm worrying about the after pain and getting an infection in the stiches So basically I'm worrying about it all lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Mar 2017, 15:50

Truly Hun I don't think you need to worry about holding it we had a similar pressure test result and I can still hold my mount Vesuvius BMs for a good few mins till I can get to a loo. I have noticed no difference in my ability to hold BMs. As for the stitches I would highly recommend the polysporin they don't give it is over here but due to my history my CRS advised me to get some to help prevent any infection because of my acidic BMs....I got mine off eBay lol
As for pain I really believe that if my IBS hadn't flared up then I wouldn't have been in pain I know when I had my second BM around day 5/6 my pain was only a 4 with no spasms.
It's natural to worry Hun but trust me you will not regret it....mine was anything but smooth and I still occasionally have spasms but I'm SO glad I had it done
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 16:30

Becka, congrats on getting your LIS date! I bet this will be the end of this all for you!

I have the opposite problem (fissure healed but still spasms) and I'll likely be having LIS the same week as you.

Nervous here also - but the chance of incontinence is so very small!! And I'm sensitive to narcotics, but my surgeon said I'd probably have so little pain after that I could manage with Tylenol!

Keep me updated on your progress - we may be LIS buddies!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Becka456 » 13 Mar 2017, 16:38

Thanks mpb, I'm going to order some of that stuff this week I am
Determined not to get an infection! How sore we're you after at the incision site? And how long did you have to rest for? Im not very good at resting lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 13 Mar 2017, 16:41

Hi Gilmore Girl! Have you got a date yet, how strange if we have it at the same time! That's mad to think your healed but still spasm how annoying for you!
I think the incontinence is the one thing I'm more anxious about, I get really gassy with my ibs and with Botox it used to quite embarrassing lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 16:52

No date yet but I was told first week of April!!! Yes my sphincter never relaxes, and I have mild hems that are constantly being squeezed tight, so it hurts a lot! I've had the hems for years, but they've never hurt until the fissure caused sphincter spasms...and now I'm stuck with a too tight butt!

Try reading some of the success story threads on here - I don't think I've read any instance of incontinence. If there was any, it was very temporary for a week or so post surgery, then normal!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Becka456 » 13 Mar 2017, 16:57

Aww well fingers crossed you get your date through soon! I have suffered from hems too they are such a pain mine like to play up when I have to strain a lot or if I get bad diarrhoea I just put an ice cube on it usually settles then! Keep me informed about your date hopefully we can keep each other sane lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 17:20

Thanks! Ya they never hurt me before the fissure, but I now have to strain a lot so they've definitely flared. I'll give the ice a try!

Will do! Hoping to hear from the surgeons office this week, but you never know!
GilmoreGirl
VIP