Post LIS recovery

what should I expect

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Post LIS recovery

Postby buttanic » 21 Mar 2017, 20:21

After a year of trying diltiazem, diet, stool softeners without any long term improvement I had an LIS done 5 weeks ago.
Although I have significantly less pain during bowel movements and bowel movements are much easier I still have not had a bowel movement completely free of pain and there is still some occasional bleeding.
My question for those who have had an LIS is how long did it take post op to be pain free. I was expecting a quicker recovery, am I being too impatient, thanks.
buttanic
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Post LIS recovery

Postby IronicTwist » 22 Mar 2017, 04:49

It all depends. A fissure can take quite a while to fully heal. Some people heal faster than others. Just remember that you're on your way to recovery. Just make sure your stools are soft and smooth and that hygene is priority.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby buttanic » 13 Apr 2017, 10:29

I was still having pain and some bleeding during a BM at 8 weeks post LIS. I visited my surgeon and he examined me and found the fissure healed but also found a wound to the rectum lining that appears to be from the LIS procedure that had not healed.
He cauterized the wound with silver nitrate, not a pleasant experience. Hopefully this will allow the wound to heal.
I believe the wound to the rectum lining was the result of a surgical error during the LIS.
At this time I have not mentioned my suspicion to the surgeon, hopefully it will heal with no further complications and all can be forgotten.
buttanic
Fibre Addict

Postby Happykermit » 14 Apr 2017, 02:14

8 weeks post LIS and still bleeding? Can you describe this type of bleeding? Do you squirt blood when you poop? or just a couple of drips?
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby buttanic » 14 Apr 2017, 08:32

Just a drop or two on the paper
buttanic
Fibre Addict

Postby Happykermit » 14 Apr 2017, 08:37

Ah, but there's no pain? I wish for your speedy recovery~
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Postby buttanic » 03 May 2017, 15:36

My LIS was done on 2/16/17 and I am still having pain during BM's. Two weeks ago my doctor cauterized what he described as an unhealed wound with silver nitrate, a most unpleasant experience. Still no improvement and today he recommended trying a botox injection promote healing.
buttanic
Fibre Addict

Postby Jimbfree47 » 04 May 2017, 17:43

I had LIS back in oct of 2016. 2 weeks ago Ihad a G S cauterize the scartissue that was preventing the fissure from healing which it was 90% Thatsilver nitrate burned like hell the firstnight but Now15days later major improvement. Minor discomfort when Ihad a BM today and no blood .stool was soft. Been taking stool softners lots ofwater. More fruits to. Anal massage and using nifidipine. Sitzbath as well . Iam so much better then I was 6 monthsago but Im taking no chanceson retearing that damn thing ecause Iknow one bad BM and itcould happen. My story hope it helps
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby buttanic » 17 Jun 2017, 08:37

Up date.
Ten weeks ago I had ILS done, six weeks ago I had botox injection, finally I am pain free.
buttanic
Fibre Addict

Postby Happykermit » 18 Jun 2017, 04:19

Congratulations! :D
Happykermit
Salt Bather