Tips for Successful Healing

My tips for healing chronic (and acute) fissures

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Tips for Successful Healing

Postby LeeMS » 23 Apr 2017, 09:36

You are welcome and I sincerely hope that you get well very soon. Keep me posted.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 25 Apr 2017, 01:25

LeeMS wrote:In a month my pain was lessened greatly and after several months, I had no pain until finally no scar tissue. My bum is like new :^)

wow, not even scar tissue? You give me great hope that I might be able to be "all new" again, too. My fissure is 99% pain-free now but I can't help but feel a (in my opinion) huge scar inside and I am terrified that this won't heal off by itself. Now reading your post I feel more positive about it.
Did you ONLY use coconut oil to get the scar tissue healed?
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby LeeMS » 25 Apr 2017, 12:01

Only coconut oil. I still apply it several times a day for good measure.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 25 Apr 2017, 14:13

LeeMS wrote:Only coconut oil. I still apply it several times a day for good measure.

May I ask how long it took approximately until the scar was healed? was it months or years?
waves
Salt Bather

Postby LeeMS » 25 Apr 2017, 22:08

Months. Early on, I didn't think the scar tissue would ever go away and I didn't care much since the pain was the real issue to me. As time went on, I noticed when applying the oil that I almost didn't feel any scar tissue present and it was then that I paid more attention to it and slowly it just disappeared.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 26 Apr 2017, 01:20

LeeMS wrote:Months. Early on, I didn't think the scar tissue would ever go away and I didn't care much since the pain was the real issue to me. As time went on, I noticed when applying the oil that I almost didn't feel any scar tissue present and it was then that I paid more attention to it and slowly it just disappeared.

Oh you really give me hope. I'm in the same situation. I'm completely pain-free, blood free, just that scar tissue worries me. But now that I know it CAN go away I'm really relieved.
Although I am having some blood and pain again. I did the mistake and started with my gym workout routine again last Sunday which obviously was a mistake. I guess it's thrown me back by 2 weeks with the healin. Pain is already decreasing bit by bit again luckily.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby LeeMS » 26 Apr 2017, 12:28

It's funny, I never worried about the scaring, only the pain. I also worked out every day even with the pain, although I sometimes couldn't.

You didn't mention if you were using any medications. Things really got better for me when I switched over completely to coconut oil. I typically have no pain and rarely any bleeding. I manage a low level hemorrhoid situation and it's attributable to that, I imagine.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 26 Apr 2017, 13:16

I'm worrying about the scar because I fear that this might remain the weak spot that might tear open again if there's too much strain to it.

My previous routine contained a mix of different oils and medical honey (coconut-, olive-, lavender-, thyme-, clove bud-, flaxseed oil + the honey). But I guess less is more. Started with a coconut- and lavender oil mix yesterday). Since the gym incident last Sunday I have been bleeding again and some pains. Today the pain is almost completely gone again but still some bleeding. I hope with the simpler oil mix I can get a full healing incl. getting rid of the scar)

I'm super scared to go back to gym again after last Sunday. What kind of exercises did you do when you were working out? I think the deadlifts were the cause of my relapse, I think the other exercises in my plan should be no problem (hopefully).
waves
Salt Bather

Postby LeeMS » 26 Apr 2017, 13:59

Waves,

I'm not sure that scar tissue means another tear, but it should be better with it gone.

I use light to medium weights and nothing too strenuous for that area.

I suggest straight coconut oil and nothing else. Try that for a while and see where you are at that point. Why not!
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 26 Apr 2017, 14:12

LeeMS wrote:I suggest straight coconut oil and nothing else. Try that for a while and see where you are at that point. Why not!

I will give it a try with the coconut oil. Will post my results here in around a week from now. Thanks! :thanx:
waves
Salt Bather