How does Sphinchter feel Post LIS\Sphincterotomy

POST LIS Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: How does Sphinchter feel Post LIS\Sphincterotomy

Postby chillblue » 29 Apr 2017, 10:27

phew!!!!!!! Thanks GilmoreGirl!!! This thing is painful and tight as hell. Im pretty sure it is swollen on the inside, but i just wanted to be certain. I figured there would be some indication of the sphincter being more loose. Did you have stitches? how long did they take to dissolve???
chillblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby GilmoreGirl » 29 Apr 2017, 13:13

Ya i was told by then end of the second week improvement should be steady - and it was!

I had stitches and could see a little of them before. One or two bits fell out, and I don't see any now - so I think they're probably gone (4 weeks).
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Diaboliq » 29 Apr 2017, 13:15

I didn't notice the muscle being tight. It feels like it did before spamming, but it doesn't spasm anymore. Pressure though was pretty bad at first. Today is day 9 or 10 and was the first day I really had no pressure after a BM. I haven't really touched it much, but it seemed swollen still. I wouldn't worry, there was a lot of trauma there and it'll all start to come back to normal.
Diaboliq
Fibre Addict

Postby chillblue » 30 May 2017, 15:00

Well i'm a few days past the month mark since my surgery. Still slight pain and specks of blood at incision site. My main concern is the tightness. I thought the LIS was supposed to loosen things up down there but to me it feels as tight as it was before. Shouldn't it feel different? Or does it take longer to know if the LIS worked??
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 01 Jun 2017, 18:56

Chillblue, are you able to tell if the tightness is from the swelling in your bum? I had Fissurectomy and LIS two days ago and I feel the tightness, but I can tell that it's from the swelling. I was pretty scared with my first BM not knowing what to expect bc it felt so tight, but even though it felt tight, it came out fine with minimal pain.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby chillblue » 01 Jun 2017, 20:25

Hi Kevin,

Im concerned because i dont have any swelling anymore. The scar is healing but slightly painful. And the tightness that i felt before the surgery is still there.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 06:09

Hi I had LIS 6 months ago and I felt tightness at least up till week 8 and think it took till week 12 before I felt how I did before the op. My CRS said some people are prone to internal swelling and although we can't feel it, it's that that causes tightness
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chillblue » 05 Jun 2017, 11:07

**UPDATE**

Since Friday evening I haven't had any pain or bleeding with bowel movements. Since Friday I have been applying nitroglycerin to the area and massaging the incision/fissure area for about 3 minutes with each application. Im not sure if that is what is helping it, but the nitro definitely helps with that tight feeling. I wanted to wait a few days before i made a report. It feels good to be out of pain at least for right now. I think i still have more healing to do though. Its only been a little over 5 weeks since my LIS.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 06 Jun 2017, 11:56

ChillBlue, I'm day 7 post op and experience some tightness today. I also saw the red streaks in my stool so it's coming from the AF. Did you get that during your recovery as well, I'm a little worried that the AF is not healing and with the sphincter being tight that I'm back to square one with AF trying to heal but re-tearing because of the tightness.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 06 Jun 2017, 13:57

I had tightness and swelling for at least two weeks then things improved - hang in there Kevinpdx
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18