First CRS visit this week

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: First CRS visit this week

Postby patience_and_healing » 23 Apr 2017, 20:36

I meant to say that I don't actually use coconut oil before a BM. What I use is a gel made of coconut oil that has a consistency similar to Vaseline. The brand I use is this one https://www.tdnaturals.com/Healthy_Jelly_p/jelly.htm. I was using Vaseline but I wanted a more natural alternative and I like the texture of this one. You can use Vaseline if you don't mind it.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby sunshine_atl » 24 Apr 2017, 19:32

thanks again for your prompt response. I did receive the H-fissures homeopathic oil today, however today and yesterday I have had no issues during BM (very less to no pain). I am just keeping my fingers crossed for the next few days. I have been taking Miralax every night, which is probably aiding to soften the stool thereby not irritating the fissure. Also have been applying the nephadipine cream 2-3 times topically (especially right before going to bed). I have a couple of questions, appreciate if you can let me know if you have any info:
a) is it okay to consume Miralax every night ? (I add 1 tsp to water and have it only once at night)
b) is it okay to use nephadipine and hydrocortizone simultaneously ? (my CRS suggested to apply hydrocortizone internally (deep inside) and nephadipine over it (just topically)
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cjoy22 » 24 Apr 2017, 23:53

I just bought the h fissure oil too...ready to try anything at this point. Been a year now for me. Used miralax for a year and just recently switched to Metamucil every night bc the bms were starting to become too sticky to come out. And not bulky anymore
cjoy22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby patience_and_healing » 25 Apr 2017, 12:09

Sunshine_atl- Hydrocortisone is very bad for fissures. The CRS I went to was absolutely against using it in the anal region because it thins the skin and prevents healing. Only use the nifedipine and ditch the steroids.

I think miralax is fine to take every night. Many people on this board use it daily and it's fine for long term use. Do confirm this with your doctor if you have any concerns.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby sunshine_atl » 25 Apr 2017, 13:11

thanks very much. will continue to apply the nifedipine as suggested by my CRS. Also will continue with the Miralax laxative each night. For now, I will hold off on applying the h-fissures oil as I am not sure of using the niphedipine and this oil concurrently.. my pain is definitely far better than before and due to the softer BM I am not experiencing the glass-cut feeling that I previously used to during passing of BM in initial phase. thanks again for your valuable inputs.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby cjoy22 » 25 Apr 2017, 13:39

I'm going to be following this post. Wishing you the best.
cjoy22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby sunshine_atl » 26 Apr 2017, 08:08

I did apply the h-fissure oil starting yesterday a couple of times. But it looks like niphedipine is working better in my case. Since I did not apply the niphedipine yesterday night, I had to stress/stretch out a little today during the initial BM phase. But post BM now I am back to normal. It's only during that initial time I have to stretch out in order to pass out the initial BM. I guess niphedipine will work better here as it will help to relax the muscle during the BM. But I am not sure if niphedipine cures the internal AF as well. May be patience_healing has more valuable information on this. Good luck with your healing..
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby sunshine_atl » 03 May 2017, 08:11

Hi Patience_and_healing, can you please provide your inputs on the above ?
@cjoy22 - how did it go with the h-fissures oil ? did it work for you and give you relief ?

I have been using niphedipine daily, no doubt the pain that I used to get during initial BM is far better than before. Initially it used to pain for a few hours even after the BM, now it's only during initial passing of BM. Not getting any blood in the stool so far. It's not completely healed though, on some days I do have to use both my hands and stretch out the area on the outside for passage of the very first stool, then it's normal. I am just hoping this gets better and I completely recover. that way I don't have to go for the LIS. I have been using the h-fissures oil rarely, but mostly it's the topical niphedipine.

hope to hear back from you.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby sunshine_atl » 03 May 2017, 20:01

there is one more thing I wanted to check. Past few days I have been feeling a small pea shaped boil/lump when I try to apply the niphedipine cream i.e. try to go a litle deep inside. It is not hurting at all when I touch it there, now blood while passing stool.. is this something that will heal automatically on its own ?

@patience_healing - appreciate if you can provide inputs on this.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby sunshine_atl » 04 May 2017, 08:42

Beginning to wonder if maybe I have a small hemorrhoid & not a fissure, because it seems most people here say fissures hurt nearly all the time, but my discomfort only happens when passing the initial stool, & shortly thereafter. the whole of afternoon, evenings and night is totally okay. Only having the initial sting when having BM.
Here's my history:
CRS 1st visit: Doc said it was an anal fissure. prescribed hydrocortizone.
2nd visit: Doc prescribed niphedipine and asked to use it for a month. I don't feel any fissure. Could it be the hemorrhoid that's causing the initial pain during BM, and does niphedipine help to heal this ?

Anyone in the same situation ? please respond.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict