Too soon to consider LIS after 7 weeks of fissure pain?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Too soon to consider LIS after 7 weeks of fissure pain?

Postby Kv12 » 17 Jun 2017, 17:35

Use some witch hazel on it. If you have some gauze soak it and keep it there it may help with the swelling. I used the shower after a bm for a good two weeks but once the stitches fell out I now use the wet wipes. In another week you'll feel so much better.

I thought I was almost there but then sat having a pedicure and after 40 minutes in a padded chair I was in a lot of discomfort so a gentle reminder to still take it easy.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby raoden » 17 Jun 2017, 18:23

Hi kv12 is the witch hazel for the pus filled white pimple like head? The area is slightly swollen but I think the more uncomfortable thing is the small pus filled pimple head. Thx!
raoden
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby raoden » 17 Jun 2017, 19:36

Also would ibuprofen help with this pain or would acetaminophen/paracetamol be better for this. Thx
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby Kv12 » 18 Jun 2017, 01:48

I think the ibuprofen will reduce the swelling. Alternate the paracetamol and ibuprofen every two.hours.

The witch hazel is a toner/cleanser which will aid the healing of the spot. Can you make a call to your consultant? One thing I've learnt from this forum is to not suffer in silence. Hope you feel better soon.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 18 Jun 2017, 07:43

Starting yesterday I am getting a lot of white and sometimes pink drainage from the surgical site. My pain seems to have reduced a lot once the stuff drained. I was avoiding ibuprofen because I was worried it might mask a fever or infection. I have been checking quite a few times in the last 12 to 18 hours. I have no fever and the pain has reduced a lot as well. So going to hold off on the ibuprofen.

I do have a post surgery checkup scheduled with my CRS tomorrow. So I will be seeing him tomorrow. Hoping I don't have to go to the emergency room before then.
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 18 Jun 2017, 16:38

An update:
So today is Day 11 post surgery. I was having a bad swelling and a pimple like white head yesterday. It was pretty painful. Almost like it was radiating pain from the swelling to the entire left side of my butt. Upped the number sitz baths and showers. Had a lot of white/pinkish leakage around 2:00AM Sunday morning. But that decreased the pain a lot. Also had more drainage today morning around 9:00. After these 2 events my pain has subsided to very minimal. I had stopped the acetaminophen I was taking for pain 3 days ago. So I am going to stay off the pain meds. I hope I continue to improve. Will post back after my CRS appointment tomorrow.
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 18 Jun 2017, 18:15

Took a close look with the camera. The swelling is gone. But I see a red bloody patch where the swelling was. Sorry for the tmi, It looks almost like a dime size patch with no skin. Is this normal? It almost looks like nothing has healed. Has me super worried :cry:
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 19 Jun 2017, 15:51

So got the confirmation it is an abcess. The surgeon decided it needs to be surgically drained. So went through with that. Not fun.

Can anybody give tips on avoiding anymore of this. I had been doing sitz baths and showering after BMs. Somehow still got infected. Do you guys spread the butt cheeks while showering to get the area clean? I was too afraid to do it and I think I am paying for it

Also does anyone use non alcoholic wet wipes there?
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby Kv12 » 19 Jun 2017, 16:53

I'm sorry to hear this but at least you now know what it is and you can properly aid your recovery.

I was given antibiotics immediately after my op. I had a fistula through a hole in a skin tag so was given antibiotics as it was likely to be infected.

Yes with the showering. If you can run the water slowly, not hot just tepid and try and squat a little. You may find that you need to get back.in and shower again a little later for me probably after an hour as i had further irritation from remnants or discharge from wound site. I used the shower for a good 3-5 minutes at the very least. Keep it scrupulously clean.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 19 Jun 2017, 20:44

Hi kv12 thanks for the responses. I am going to be super careful to keep the area clean. Can't afford to have this happen again. Squatting while showering is a good idea. Going to try that. Hoping the abcess didn't set me back too much
raoden
Salt Bather

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?