Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Fissurectomy and LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 14 Jun 2017, 23:34

I hit 3 weeks a few days ago. Fissure seems to have healed now, but every day after I poop my anus feels swollen and it seems to take motrin or some tension reducing thigns to get it to relax. The Magnesium based CALM drink helps in this respect also.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby kevinpdx » 20 Jun 2017, 11:14

Week 3: Things seems to be improving the past week. I noticed the pea sized lump has decreased in size dramatically and the redness is gone. I've also only noticed a slight faint of blood once on the toilet paper the last 4 days. I've scaled back my stool softener (docusate 100mg) to 2 pills a day, I will likely decrease it to just 1 this coming week. Minimal pain after each BM, but there is still some soreness. I go back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks and I hope I continually improve and get over the last hump next week.

For those that are considering surgery, I would recommend taking at least 2 weeks off of work. I go back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks so take as much time off work as you can.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 20 Jun 2017, 11:19

Asspain, my anus does feel swollen after a BM, but that feeling seems to go away a couple hours later. I'm wondering if there is still swelling in the inside. I have my first post op with my CRS in 2 weeks so I'll make sure to ask. Hope you feel better soon.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 28 Jun 2017, 10:01

Week 4:

I made huge improvements this past week. The swelling feeling after each BMs has decreased dramatically. As a result, I don't feel the tightness as before and my sphincter is able to open more easily. Also, there were days where i didn't have any blood even though the stool was big and harder than usual. I've stopped taking stool softeners because it was making my stool too loose. The pea sized lump has continued to decrease in size. I'm still maintaining a healthy diet, but i'm able to eat more variety of breads and cheese w/o any issues. There's still a slight tenderness and pain during and after BMs, but it's not bad (2/10). I'm able to sit and walk without any issues. I'm happy with the progress, I have my first post op with the CRS next week and hope I can fully heal in the next week.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby Dcrossman » 28 Jun 2017, 12:38

I'm going in for my second Fissurectomy and LIS on 6/30/17 and I'm terrified! My first surgery in October of 2015 went well, and within 12 hours I was essentially pain free!!! I'd had chronic fissure pain from April to October before finally seeking professional help. This time around, my pain started on Thursday and I was back in to see my surgeon the following Tuesday. Now I'm scheduled for surgery. I'm worried that my 2nd procedure is not going to go as well as my first so it is nice to have an idea of what other people have gone through! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!
Dcrossman

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2017, 15:03

Kevinpdx I would be taking a stool softener of some sort ay for awhile just to make sure it can all heal nice an well can you ask you crs if you how long you should use softeners afterwards an at what point should you just use diet I guess you want the stretching to happen at some point so you can pass more then soft serve icecream an still be painfree
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby kevinpdx » 28 Jun 2017, 15:29

Dross, I'm sorry to hear you need a second surgery. You will recover as quickly as your first surgery, stay positive. Best of luck, do keep us posted after your surgery. I will continue to update my progress to help others.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 28 Jun 2017, 15:36

Missy, for me the loose stools (not quite diarrhea but close) was actually making the pain and bleeding worst. I was really hesitant on stopping the stool softner fearing the AF would re-injure, but it seems to be going ok so far. I just have to make sure my diet is good to keep it soft. How are things with you, have you done botox yet?
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2017, 19:55

Ok that's good I kind of hear what ypur saying I found more formed bms more comfortable then super soft it must be that for the body the formed stool is eliminated more effectively then sticky soft stuff an a soft bm gets stuck everywhere an gets in the wounds. I haven't had botox yet but I'm 2 weeks into the diltiazem hoping an praying this works I'll give it 8weeks an if not I'll try botox I'm not positive about botox though because so many people on here say it's a waste of time an you end up getting surgery anyway in the end but a surgeon I spoke to not a crs bit a general surgeon said most heal with botox either 1 or 2 shots of it? What do you think may be I should go read the success story's. But said also said have faith in the cream because most get healed from that an don't need botox
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby kevinpdx » 05 Jul 2017, 17:16

Good luck Missy, I hope Dialazem will heal you :)
kevinpdx
Salt Bather