Healing a fissure (my story)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing a fissure (my story)

Postby Gus » 26 Jun 2017, 03:11

Hi guys and gals, I'm new to this forum. My name is Gus, 30 years old and live in Belgium.

I've stumbled upon this forum after visiting various of other sites but most of them contained information and messages that were quite old and not so up to date.

I'm going to share my story in the hopes that it might help you with your anal problem. I've suffered from an anal fissure for about 1,5 years. There were periods that i bled severly going to the toilet, the feeling of glass shards passing my anus was the worst feeling i've ever experienced but there also were periods feeling nothing at all, I think that my fissure healed from time to time but after a few weeks it would just come back after passing 'concrete-like' stool. The last 4 months have been really hard and painfull because my fissure did not seem to heal at all. I went to a doctor who prescribed me RECTOGESIC and I've tried lots of other things, even drinking olive oil, taking sitz baths and rubbing coconut oil in my anus (things i've read on the internet that should have a positive effect on the healing proces). The oils didn't really seem to help but now, I think i've found the right combination for a severe fissure to properly heal up. Here is what i've been doing the past 14 days:

Every morning I start the day (9 o' clock) with applying RECTOGESIC 1 inch up my bottom. (this ointment helps relaxing your sphincter and suppress pain), this is a lifesaver. Apply RECTOGESIC a second time at 9 o' clock in the evening. Throughout the day I drink a lot of water, min. 2 liters. and take LAXIDO at least two times a day + one magnesium capsule. (this helps softening your stool and makes taking a dump easier, the magnesium has a positive effect relaxing the muscles). Eat a lot of fruit and veggies! I eat at least 2 plums a day, 1 peach and an apple, this really helps softening up your stool even more. Avoid red meat, pasta, bread, all the things that might clog up your colon and making hard stool (google diets to help softening your stool and you will find out what to eat and not to eat). I go to the toilet after work, as soon as I have a bowel movement, I make sure I take a shower and properly clean my anus, that means sticking my clean finger up my butt a few times to make sure you wet and clean the area thoroughly (and yes you should feel the fissure with your finger). When passing stool, I use a special 'technique', instead of sitting upright, I make sure I bend over and put my hands on my feet, this helps opening up your sphincter (trying to simulate the squat posture). Try to really be aware of your anal muscles and relax as much as you can. I know it will still hurt but you have to relax and open up your anus and breath in heavily and push just a little bit with your anal muscles (not too much because you might hurting yourself). I you are lucky and manage to ignore the pain and just let your stool pass, it should just easily fall out with minimum effort. This routine helped me passing stool and making it less painfull but I still had the feeling the fissure did not heal up properly.

Now here comes the real magic, SUDOCREM! the last 7 days i've added the application of SUDOCREM into my routine, applying it up my butt at least 4 to 5 times a day. It's a zinc-based ointment that helps wounds to heal. Since i've been using this ointment, my fissure seemed to have healed up and even I don't feel pain passing even semi-hard stool. The past 2 days were a relief because not so long ago, I really thought surgery was the only solution for me. I hope I can keep up my routine another week to make sure the fissure really heals up properly. As long as the stool is soft, everything should be after this point.

I hope this information will help a lot!

In a nutshell:

- RECTOGESIC
- LAXIDO
- FRUITS AND VEGGIES
- WATER
- SUDOCREM
- MAGNESIUM

I don't know if the magnesium really helps but I am afraid leaving it out of my routine now :)
Gus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Healing a fissure (my story)

Postby Marko » 29 Jun 2017, 07:03

Hi Gus, how's your fissure now? Does sudocrem help you? I have fissure 4 years, i have pain in my ass like never before. Today it's little better but still did not heal.
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby Gus » 02 Jul 2017, 09:54

Hi Marko,

so far so good. I haven't felt pain since I started using sudocrem but I think my fissure reopend just a little bit today after going to the toilet and passing semi-hard stool. I didn't hurt but I felt a small sting which disappeared right away. Hopefully nothing serious, that reminds me to keep my stool as soft as possible. I lowered my intake of laxido to 1 time per day because I felt confident but now I think I am going to restart taking laxido 2 times a day just to be sure.

I hope your fissure heals soon, did you start using sudocrem as well? You can also apply sudocrem in your anus before you are going to the toilet, it helps to lubricate and protect your fissure from stool.
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Marko » 03 Jul 2017, 00:11

My fissure helal after 6 days but i have realy extra soft stool. I have feeling that my anus will explode when big stool pass, i don't know, i am sad.. i did not start use sudocream, i am using faktu cream. How many days did you need to heal your fissure and how often your fissure appears, every 2 weeks, every month, or? I hope so that you are ok!
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby shannonnicolas » 03 Jul 2017, 23:34

Hi Gus
Thanks for your advice on Sudacrem. I am going to add this to my routine to see if it makes a difference!
shannonnicolas

Postby Gus » 04 Jul 2017, 02:00

Hi Marko, it took 5 days to heal and leave me painfree. Now there might be a small reopening yes, it stings a little bit from time to time but passing stool seems to go perfect, it doesn't hurt at all, thanks to the very soft stool and the lubricating sudocrem.

Well, the last 6 months were concerning, I remember having a fissure attack on new years eve, bleeding really bad and passing a very hard and large stool, since then the problem has escalated. The pain and problem lasted a full month, in the beginning of february it healed up again but returned in the beginning of march. Since march untill the end of june, the fissure returned again heavily (I could hit walls from anger and pain, it hurt like hell) so I went to see a doctor, who prescribed me RECTOGESIC. I started my routine with all of the combinations mid june. And now after using the top tree RECTOGESIC, LAXIDO and SUDOCREM i'm painfree for a week. I think the soft stool also really helps.

@Shannon, good to hear! I hope it will help. Make sure you apply it 1 inch (2,5 cm) inside your anus, you can normally feel your fissure with your finger. It also helps applying it BEFORE going to the toilet, it helps to protect the area. Also make sure to really soften up your stool by eating loads of fruit, I prefer plums and peaced. I hope it helps!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Marko » 04 Jul 2017, 13:39

Hi Gus, when I am reading your story with fissure it's like I am writing my own, I have the same problem like you.
I am very grateful that you share fissure experiences with me because I feel better when I can share with you my problems. I have also big bleeding when fissure appears and pain, it's like I have a knife in my anus, but I want to say that 3 months I did not have fissure, and my stools were normal or big and nothing happened, at this time I
was putting oil on my anus every night (olive oil, linseed oil, almond oil all mixed together)
best regards and have your stool soft
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby Gus » 06 Jul 2017, 00:39

It's good to know we are not alone with this problem and sharing things help to coop with it. How are things going so far? And how about your Shannon? Here, everything still is going good so far. The small reopening seems to have disappeared. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I am going to try to reduce the sudocrem and rectogesic and just go by laxido for the soft stool, i'll keep you posted.
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Marko » 21 Jul 2017, 02:44

Hey, I am 21 days without fissures but I have some strange feeling on my left side of an anus(contraction, pricking)..I hope so that everything is ok..how are you? How is your anus :) ?
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby Gus » 21 Jul 2017, 13:28

Hi Marko, congrats on the healing so far! I havent felt pain since my original post! So far so good. Ive stopped with sudocrem ten days ago and lowered the intake of laxido to one per day. My diet has changed a little bit, I feel more comfortable eating regular now.
Gus
Fibre Addict