Healing a fissure (my story)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Healing a fissure (my story)

Postby JustMe81 » 22 Jul 2017, 23:39

Hi Gus. I think I have a fissure too. I'm so scared and it really hurts. I had hemorrhoid Banding done on Tuesday and noticed slight pain in my bum. It got worse and worse. It's a sharp sting. I texted my surgeon and he suggested the rectogesic too. I applied it for
The first time this morning. I already to magnesium, movicol at night. I guess it ripped during the procedure. I'm so scared it won't go away.
JustMe81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Gus » 23 Jul 2017, 14:58

It may be a fissure but thats not sure. Try rectogesic AND sudocrem to help heal up the wound, it worked great for me. Keep taking movicol and magnesium, you should be good after five to seven days (from my experience). Oh, and drink a lot of water, at least 2 liters. Good luck!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 28 Jul 2017, 12:30

Hi Gus,
I am living in hell had to go to A&E today as the spasms and pain were so bad. I am curious do you put sudocrem inside? I have sentinel tags which make it hard to reach the inside.
Thanks and hope you are still healed.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Gus » 29 Jul 2017, 11:14

Hi PITB, yes inside the anus. One third of my finger up my bum. I could feel the fissure when applying the crem. Still going well, haven't had a problem ever since. But I stay carefull when going to the toilet just to be sure :) good luck with the sudocrem!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 29 Jul 2017, 11:44

Thanks Gus! I cant put the finger inside but am trying to apply it with a syringe o applicator. Thanks and am so happy for you... its been four months in this episode and the pain has sharply increased over the past few days and am at a loss in what to do as i have tried everything except surgery...
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Gus » 31 Jul 2017, 13:37

Hang in there! I also came to the point surgery was the only option for me, such pain and discomfort, it was horrible. Try to copy my method completely and you should heal soon.m, I hope. Soft stool is the key to decrease the pain, the sudocrem and rectogesic help to heal. So drink a lot of water and eat lots of fruits and vegs. Keep me posted!

Any news yet? How are things going for all of you?
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Gus » 20 Aug 2017, 13:53

Beckyvp, this is the topic glorybee is referring to. Good luck! This procedure healed my anal fissure.
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Lalaloopsy » 25 Aug 2017, 08:46

Hi Gus I'm Lou. What a revelation reading yr story! I'm currently 7 weeks post op for haemorrhoidectomy and fissure surgery and spent yesterday in casualty in agony. I haven't been pain free since the op but after several fruitless conversations with various gps in desperation I took myself to hospital .. I'm glad I did .. I have a chronic fissure and have consequently cramped up with intolerable pain. I have also been given Rectogesic and also an anaesthetic cream .. My biggest problem is getting the damn stuff in! It's only day one of using it but I can't use the applicator at all yet, it's too big! I'm applying what I can with my finger and hoping it will start to ease up in a day or two of using .. Did you have this problem? Sounds like this stuff could be my saviour but can't get it in! Also, how long a gap do you leave between applying different creams? Thank you in advance!
Lalaloopsy

Postby Gus » 25 Aug 2017, 10:14

Hi Lou, I applied rectogesic twice a day with a gap of 12 hours. I was told so by the doctor because it contains nitroglycerine which is quiet heavy on your system. It can cause headaches :D the sudocrem is free whenever, i applied this four times a day or so. Getting it up my bum was challeging because the anus tends to cramp up because of the pain. What i did is bend over a bit, spread my legs and slowly reached for the star lol. Butt despite the pain, you should persist in pushing your finger up there, in my opinion it helped better thay way. Good luck!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 29 Aug 2017, 12:31

Hi Gus
What magnesium are you using and how much ? Thanks.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather