Fissure friendly snacks!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure friendly snacks!

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 11 Jul 2013, 22:31

Kreaybutt.  Pepitas are pumpkin seeds (spanish name I gather); I bought a bag of raw ones a while ago and then found a recipe on-line for roasting them in the oven with olive oil and herbs.  I'd wait for a year or so like buttastic says before 'going there.'  They were tasty!!!  But 'ouch' the next day.  It was good to hear the advice from buttastic about being careful for a good long time!  Since I didn't know I even had an AF (the doc thought it was a thrombosed hemmie) I retore after a month or so pain free (after the first month of hell)....so I for sure am scared straight this time around. Good luck!!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Painwontstop » 08 Aug 2017, 13:53

I am new to this and haven't eaten in 3 weeks. Can't get into a doctor so went to urgent care where they gave me pain pills and said see a surgeon. I also have prolapsed hemorrhoidso that had to be pushed back in a week after that. Really weak and type 1 diabetic. I am terrified to eat because I know if I put it in it will come out. The pain is so bad that I black out and am in an allover sweat. My husband has to carry me to the couch where I have 8 inches of memory foam to lay on. My family says I have to eat but am so scared I drink water all day. PLEASE HELP!!!!! What is the best thing for me to do.
Painwontstop

Topics: 1

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 03:31

You have to eat as you can't get better if you don't provide your body with fuel to allow it to repair itself. I ate far less when my problems were at their worst. Soup is good and eat smaller portions of healthy food. Lots of fruit and veggies. Don't eat things that bulk up your stool.
Good luck!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby hurtinend » 09 Aug 2017, 19:11

Yup, eat small portions, soft simple healthy food, veggie soup.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Painwontstop » 09 Aug 2017, 22:49

Thank you for your reply. My surgeon gave me some lidocaine gel that has helped today. So thankful for the relief. I managed to get come soft cooked cabbage in today and didn't get sick from it. He said if not better and able to function by this week he will do LIS. Little worried about that because I don't want to be in more pain but he said it's so tight that I can't pass BM right now he couldn't even properly check me due to the sphincter was so tight. I know it tmi but I can even pass gas it's so bad in spasm. Fingers crossed that it relaxes.
Painwontstop

Topics: 1