Worried sick - need advice on fissures!

Chronic fissures almost 3 yrs.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worried sick - need advice on fissures!

Postby Jimoffy » 02 Oct 2017, 23:49

Hey guys just a question once again about fissures. I currently have I think 2 or maybe 3 fissures, one is worse than the others which is definetely chronic, so I have one on the left side at 9 oclock, one at 3 oclock, and they're may be more if I do a real real hard bm.

I have had these for almost 3 years now and only recently visited a CRS a month or 2 ago because up until then I just thought I had hemorrhoids ( which I used to get when younger).

Anyway my question is has anyone had fissures that aren't on the midline, that were chronic, and you didn't have crohns? My CRS said I have to have a colonoscopy done to rule out crohns or even anal cancer?(wtf I'm 24) I don't have any other symptoms of crohns.. apart from my anal problems.
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Worried sick - need advice on fissures!

Postby Jimoffy » 02 Oct 2017, 23:50

Oh and, back in 2011 , when I was about 16 I first had this exact same pain, sharp pain when pooping, and a throbbing pain that later followed for hours, but that went away after exactly 6 weeks. This time around it just never went away..
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Oct 2017, 03:49

Hi Jim,
There is a small possibility that you have peri anal crohns if you have repeated non healing fissures. But trust me if you even had mild crohns of the intestinal track you would be having multiple BMs often with bloody clots.
It's your surgeons job to ensure everything is ruled out, just because they want you to have a colonoscopy doesn't mean you have anything terrible going on in there. It's always best for the surgeon to play it safe and have a look than to assume it's just a fissure and send you away with cream.
A colonoscopy isn't that bad it's pretty painless and if you tell them you have active fissures they will use the smallest scope.
I have crohns and live a full and active life...yes my numerous BMs gave me a fissure but that's because I didn't take my meds properly and didn't watch what I ate. I'm not sure the impact peri anal crohns would have but I do know a few people with it and they seem to enjoy a full and happy life.
Only you know what's best for you but it could simply be that your internal sphincter is just too tight causing you to get fissures that won't heal
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimoffy » 03 Oct 2017, 20:16

I hope it’s just my tight booty hole. I’m over this shit
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby Jimoffy » 05 Oct 2017, 00:37

I thought more people would of had this problem ??
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby familyguy » 05 Oct 2017, 07:43

My AF is on the right near the back - around 5 o'clock position. I also have scar tissue at 6 o'clock - must have had other AF I didn't know about.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Jimoffy » 07 Oct 2017, 22:17

familyguy wrote:My AF is on the right near the back - around 5 o'clock position. I also have scar tissue at 6 o'clock - must have had other AF I didn't know about.

Do you have crohns, mine feels like it’s probably 7 or 8 oclock
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby familyguy » 08 Oct 2017, 01:29

No, nothing like that. mine was caused by a large BM. I've just started on diltazem this week. I hope you heal.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 6607 » 26 Nov 2017, 18:11

Hi Jimmofy -

I worry just like you. I have a fissure off thebmidline as well - at the 7:00 or so position. I’ve had a flex sigmoidoscopy, several Anoscopes and DREs. My doctor(s) do not seemed to be concerned about the fissure location - but I am!!

Have you learned any more from your doctor about your fissure’s location? Did they say anything about being concerned about the location?
Deleted User 6607