Travel advice, please!

Nervous about a long flight

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Travel advice, please!

Postby brittanyb » 07 Nov 2017, 14:26

I have been "healed" for about a year now, with just a few tiny recurrences that clear up within a day or so. My husband are going to be traveling overseas at the end of this month, flying from Chicago to Thailand. I am SO nervous about the long flight because I usually get constipated on planes. I also usually get traveler's diarrhea, so I'm not as concerned about constipation while we're there. It's more the long flight (overnight) and the fact that it will mess up my body clock. I'm crazy regular and always go when I first wake up.

I've read all the tips like eating fiber, walking around during the flight, staying hydrated, and taking stool softeners. Right now I take magnesium every day to keep my stool soft, and I will bring that plus Miralax to help things along. Any other tips? I'd also love to hear success stories of people who have survived long flights and been fine! Thank you!!
brittanyb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Travel advice, please!

Postby yenrac » 07 Nov 2017, 22:05

I recently took a long trip and I can say my worst enemy was mental stress.

I am still recovering but I was in so much new pain BEFORE I even got on the flight, which made no sense because nothing had changed physically, I was just psyching myself out.

They core reasons for travel constipation are limited movement and dehydration. My number one tip is to drink a ton of water, don't worry about getting up, because you will have to to go to the bathroom anyway. Don't rely on inflight services, have a large water bottle with you.

Most importantly, try not to stress yourself out and gave a great trip!
yenrac
Fibre Addict