Hello! My name is Mark :)

Skin tags, fissures and hems, oh my!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello! My name is Mark :)

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2018, 13:45

If the skin tag is near a fissure then I personally wouldn’t risk it. If you go to a dr and they say it’s just a skin tag and no associated fissure then I’m sure that used correctly and diluted it would probably help
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mark2018 » 23 Feb 2018, 04:03

I have to say the Collidal Silver has really helped. It soothes and has really started to calm things down there. The bump thing I have is still itchy but is getting slightly smaller each day. Can't thank you enough for the suggestion.

This is the one I bought if anyone is in the UK and wants to try.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Greate ... ilver+balm
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Feb 2018, 04:05

Your welcome I’m glad it’s helping, I have always used colodial silver on my hems as it soothes so much and very quickly too. Much better than any hem cream I have tried.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mark2018 » 23 Feb 2018, 06:04

Yeah as I said in my original post I've tried so many creams and they all say 'don't use for more than a week' - and obviously I kept on using them when they didn't work thinking that they eventually would. I think that may have led to thinning the skin and probably resulted in the fissures.

I'd never even heard of it until you told me about it!
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Mark2018 » 05 Mar 2018, 15:08

Little update - the silver has been working brilliantly. I'm so pleased you told me about it, MPB. Really helped that skin tag decrease in size and also helped shrink some hems that didn't respond to any of the creams I had. I

I'm only slightly itchy occasionally at the moment. I was bleeding last week from the fissure after a BM and so I bought lots of prune juice to sotfen my stool and it has worked well - no more straining and so hopefully the cut is going to get the time it needs to heal without being opened up again every morning.
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Mark2018 » 08 Apr 2018, 15:25

Update - itching still kept coming back seemingly at random. Not as bad as it had been but enough that I was bothered by it. I went to the doctor and he gave me steroid suppositries. I used them for a week and still had a slight itch after I had finished using them (only 7 in the pack) but my itching is almost entirely gone and my anus is looking much more normal now. The skin tag thing I had has gone so that's good.

I'm still applying the silver now and again just to try and keep it healing and also using patroleum jelly before using the toilet.
Mark2018
Fibre Addict