so much pain

how to cure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: so much pain

Postby hurtinend » 21 Feb 2018, 18:26

I recommend you wrap an ice pack in a towel and sit on it. This brings relief for me.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby dps395 » 22 Feb 2018, 07:37

update on this situation :

i am back to work today, last night was the first night of relief the roid is healing and the spasms at the fissure have lessened. I have continued to use the proctofoam, i can tell it is reducing swelling but still causing me pain at the point where i am cut. Bleeding has stopped which is good. hopefully by this weekend the pqin can be completely gone. thank you all for trying to help.

i wish this on no one.
dps395
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Feb 2018, 08:38

Glad your feeling slightly better
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Apr 2019, 16:29

I’m so sorry your struggling, I’ve dealt with fissures the same length as you and know how hard it is. First bit of advice is don’t keep adding creams down there - I know how tempting it is after putting on cream 3 hours later to apply more or something different but your just making the area wet and moist so it could lead to a fungal infection.

I did that once, then stuck to a tube of fluconazole for a few days and they really helped. Try to stick to one cream at any one time, take regular pain relief and keep having sitz baths

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby dps395 » 02 Apr 2019, 16:51

Oh man that was last year and it was beyond awful. I saw the bum doctor and he gave me the option of fissurectomy, which is free but can have side effects with some more time off work. Or, Botox injection which is $500 and also time off work, only effective %80 of the time. I couldn't take any more time off so I'm still suffering with this. I never had a swelling again like last year and I'm cautious what I eat and how I poo every day. I am still a prisoner to this and still need to decide what to do. I've come to grips the fissure is just to advanced to go away by traditional means.
dps395
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1