Pain killers after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Pain killers after LIS

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 11:30

I wonder what kind of painkillers they prescribe after LIS. I am gathering more info as I am getting inpatient with the lengthy healing. I will always be scared of relapse as there is a big chance without a surgery. So I want to check if they gave you or you really were in pain and needed narcotics. If yes did they cause constipation.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: Pain killers after LIS

Postby Eiffel bum » 22 Feb 2018, 12:29

They applied a fentanyl patch after surgery. It took care of the pain for 3-4 days after LIS. Thereafter I never felt need to take any pain killers. They did prescribe paracetamol and I got a dozen of them with me from hospital but never used them. I got LIS and sentinal pile removed so I was really scared about the pain after surgery, however it was bad for first few days the fentanyl patch took care of it
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 12:43

Thank you so much Eiffel, did the skin tag wound heal fast. We're there stitches on it. Any special care afterwards?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Eiffel bum » 22 Feb 2018, 12:56

My CRS did the open LIS so there were no stitches. Afterwards my doc said to take sitz after each bm and at least 4 sitz bath a day to keep the things clean down there so that wound doesn't get infected. There was a bit of discharge for two weeks. However it completely stopped during the third week. For first two weeks I feel u gotta take good care of urself so i slept on my left side for two weeks to avoid any extra pressure on my bum, did not really move much in house was in bed most of the time and ate boiled veggies during lunch, fruits as snacks and brown rice-green gram for dinner. And yeah one more important thing that I really feel has helped a lot with healing is squatting while doing the business down there, that way you will not need any kind of push or straining, you just gotta take deep breaths and rest will happen on its own and a good stool softener twice a day for first week and then you can go to once a day. Don't wait much if you have been suffering for long, as wait will not help it but LIS will. I went back to work on 5th day after LIS and drove on my own after two weeks to see doc for post-lis check up.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Eiffel bum » 22 Feb 2018, 13:03

The skin tag site healed in a pretty healthy way. Sometimes there's a pricking sensation at the tag site during first 4 weeks. Now there is no such sensation. First 10 days are little tough but you will feel better with every passing day.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 13:07

Awesome, that helps a lot with my decision. I read a forum from my country in EU and the doc there suggest surgeries quicker because they know how hard it is to heal a chronic fissure and what a long suffering that is. Many people who did the surgery said they wished they had done it sooner. My doc said he hasn't seen incontinence in his 20 years of practice.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 13:11

Oh mine more question, sorry. I don't want general anesthesia. My doc said I have to be able to stand the numbing shots then and I will feel only the instruments stretching my anus. Has anyone done the surgery that way?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Eiffel bum » 22 Feb 2018, 13:14

Mine was under general anesthesia. they took me in and I woke up after 2 hours. Didn't felt a thing I guess it's better that way.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Feb 2018, 15:53

Hi hopeful are you in the U.K. as they will probably send you home with co codamol. If your not having anaesthetic you may just be given paracetamol, unless you have an amazing aftercare service.
Blooming heck you are lucky to get a UK dr to agree to do it without anaesthetic as most hospitals insist on that...I begged and pleaded with mine as I’m exceptionally scared of being put to sleep.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 16:25

I live in the US. I have needlephobia, but I can stand the quick numing shots rather than an IV . Yes he agreed. From what I read in Bulgaria they only do it with epidural or spinal anesthesia, not general. I m surprised in the UK they have such long wait and make things so complicated.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist