Hello from South Yorkshire UK

Introducing myself to you all.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello from South Yorkshire UK

Postby SusieUK » 06 Mar 2018, 11:23

Yep .... but after all these years I'm so negative I'm sure it's not going to last. I ended up going through the 'one health' group. Private health care but on the NHS ...... no way would I have had anything done at Rotherham General ( I have a few friends work there & they wouldn't).
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby SusieUK » 06 Mar 2018, 11:33

I was going to have surgery at Rotherham a couple of years ago ...... pre-op assessment nurse was horrid told me I would be in theatre for four hours .....scared the living daylights out of me. No reassurance she spent most of her time tapping her pen on the desk and staring at me making me feel as though I was wasting her time. Needless to say I didn't go ahead with the surgery!
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Mar 2018, 12:17

I can imagine that going through that for so many years would make anyone negative, but I’m sure that once you have had consistent pain free months you will start to feel much more positive.
Oh goodness, I had my Botox at the northern general and the pre op nurses there were lovely. Nope it has been a very long time since I have heard anything positive about Rotherham general unfortunately
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Fissure UK » 07 Mar 2018, 05:19

SusieUK wrote:Yep .... but after all these years I'm so negative I'm sure it's not going to last. I ended up going through the 'one health' group. Private health care but on the NHS ...... no way would I have had anything done at Rotherham General ( I have a few friends work there & they wouldn't).

You have certainly been through the mill over the years. Fissures, C section, hernia & historectmomy.  Plus the unhelpful medical staff that you encountered adding to your suffering and stress. No wonder you feel negative.

I don't know how you got the mental strength to cope. It must have felt like a living nightmare.

I really do hope that the light will now shine brighter through that dark tunnel for you with each day onwards.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Fissure UK » 07 Mar 2018, 05:22

Mypoorbutt wrote:
I agree I have had lots of painful things in my life but nothing even comes near to the pain of spasms. I know we need nerve endings down there but I really do question if we need quite so many. It’s like torturing yourself every time you eat as you know it has to come out the other end.

I’m really glad your doing so well :D

Are these the anal spasms? I only had it the one time. The GTN sorted me out. I'm sure you will have used this. What do you do when it happens-how do you get around it?

It just closed me up completely and prevented BM.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Mar 2018, 09:49

Yes anal spasms were unrelenting 12/24 hours after a BM the GTN took the pain down from an 11 to about a 7 but the spasms were still there. Gabapentine really helped to get them to a liveable level

It took me ages to get the GTN and I was in indescribable agony and didn’t sleep for 6 weeks I was hallucinating and lost about 2 stone in those six weeks. I never want to experience that again ever.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby patience_and_healing » 07 Mar 2018, 13:12

Sorry to butt in uninvited on this thread, but just wanted to let Fissure UK know that Dilatan dilators are a great option for manual dilation therapy. I've not yet progressed to them since I'm still on the smaller ones, but they are in my closet waiting to be used. I have also found Aloecadabra lubricant to be a very good lubricant to use with dilators as well.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Fissure UK » 08 Mar 2018, 05:40

patience_and_healing wrote:Sorry to butt in uninvited on this thread, but just wanted to let Fissure UK know that Dilatan dilators are a great option for manual dilation therapy. I've not yet progressed to them since I'm still on the smaller ones, but they are in my closet waiting to be used. I have also found Aloecadabra lubricant to be a very good lubricant to use with dilators as well.

Thank you. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

I am going to start some  subject specific threads in the dedicated sections as I need quite a bit of advice from people like you.

I will try and make a start on this today. Hopefully you will join me in the various dicussions.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby Fissure UK » 08 Mar 2018, 05:42

Mypoorbutt wrote:Yes anal spasms were unrelenting 12/24 hours after a BM the GTN took the pain down from an 11 to about a 7 but the spasms were still there. Gabapentine really helped to get them to a liveable level

It took me ages to get the GTN and I was in indescribable agony and didn’t sleep for 6 weeks I was hallucinating and lost about 2 stone in those six weeks. I never want to experience that again ever.

Another one that's suffered immensely. I am beginning to realise the extent of this type of affliction.

It seems to be the type of thing that people just don't talk about. Someone may mention they have piles. That is about all you might hear-occasionally.

If I could turn back the clock I would definatelly do things differntly. Simple things like drinking enough fluid with every meal from an early age. Never once was that explained to me as  child by anyone.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby Fissurefrustration » 11 Mar 2018, 18:07

Hello and welcome! I’m from Bath :) nice to see some more uk people!

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56