Retorn fissure

Well. . .

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Retorn fissure

Postby doctorrob » 09 Apr 2018, 12:35

Stop me if you've heard it before...
Had a hard large and alarmingly bloody BM a couple of months or so ago. Made an appointment with my GP. In the week following up to my appointment I took at least a couple of hot/very warm sitz baths daily and drank copious amounts of water. Ate honey-laden oatmeal for breakfast, as well as vegetables and fruits and lean meats (fish, chicken, pork tenderloin) for lunch. Also applied virgin coconut oil to fissure every chance I could and cleaned up with fragrance free wet wipes when another BM came. Blood became increasingly less noticeable.
My doctor noted that the fissure had already began healing when I came in for examination. Advised me to continue taking sitz baths and suggested taking a 50mg of docosate sodium (stool softener) for at least 10 days. Time went by and I had less and less blood with my BMs until at last there was none. I continued to use wet wipes and take the stool softener even after I had apparently healed.
Just this morning, I unfortunately had a retear despite still taking the stool softener. There was dark fresh blood, but only on the first two wipes. Then none at all when I was finished. Finished up in a sitz bath. Had another smaller bowel movement later with only a little blood.
Before I retore a couple of weeks before it occurred I often felt this “poking” sensation in my anus, but was otherwise not in any sort of pain. Not even during bowel movements, including the one that retore me. Not at all the debilitating intense pain I've read many others report. If it weren't for the blood I wouldn't have noticed it. I am going to go back to sitzing, applying coco oil (I take with to work with me), cleansing with wet wipes, and taking the stool softener for the time being. And eating again, shall we say, “fissure friendly” foods. Not much else for it for the time being.
Can anyone in the meantime explain to me what this “poking” in the anus may have been? Scar tissue? Scab? Not entirely healed fissure that finally deciding to come back with a vengeance? The most unusual thing about this saga is the otherwise lack of pain during the healing process. I itched quite a lot every now and then but no serious pain otherwise. It's not debilitating at the moment, just highly annoying and frustrating.
doctorrob

Topics: 1

Re: Retorn fissure

Postby Vishal » 09 Apr 2018, 14:32

No pain and bleeding could mean you also have hemorhoids. That could also cause the itching.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby doctorrob » 09 Apr 2018, 20:16

That's what I thought too but my doctor didn't see any hems at my last appointment.
doctorrob

Postby HopefulRebecca » 12 Apr 2018, 23:20

I've had the same poking feeling - I was thinking maybe it's the feeling of scar tissue or scab forming? But I could be wrong. I've also had a tremendous amount of itching in the area during early healing stages.
HopefulRebecca
Fibre Addict