LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2018, 23:18

Allthepain I know how you feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, once I gave birth the last time I used the sachets so things were good but I breastfed too an the fissure retore when baby was 4 weeks old but with my first baby I didn't have sachets an the fissure started when he was 2 weeks old so the sachets brought me two extra weeks this time it's so sad having the pain with a new born but most certainly try Botox there's no harm it trying it first then if it doesn't work get lis Botox has improved my life 1 bad bm use to result in 7- 10 days of pain but now it's literally just 1 bad bm/day then it's gone so I have to be grateful I never want to go back to the endless days of a sore bum an on the edge of depression I think it's the embarrassing issue causing suffering that makes you feel isolated an alone it's not nice at all I really hope you ladys find what heals you an just always remember an if you want to tell yourselves

I am
Strong
Beautiful
Loving
And capable

I tell this to myself many times a day it helps me alot
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 25 Jun 2018, 14:20

Oh no! So sad to hear about the tear again! That’s the last thing you need to worry about right now. I would definitely do the Miralax and it’s been helping to keep things smooth for me while breastfeeding. Whenever I try to stop taking it I have issues sadly. Also, try Magnesium citrate because it is very relaxing and definitely helps with with postpartum anxiety. Unfortunately, I do feel washed out from having to drink extra water for both the breastfeeding and to keep soft BMs. Makes me feel kind of lightheaded and dizzy sometimes. I definitely can’t wait to finish breastfeeding to see if it’ll help heal the fissure.

Missy, glad to hear that you can manage things better now and that life is more normal. I totally understand the feeling of not being able to live a normal life because of this issue :-(
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 25 Jun 2018, 14:22

Also I take anywhere from 650mg-850mg of magnesium. Kind of a lot
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mike1971 » 25 Jun 2018, 15:49

Hi Preggo may I ask how long have you been taking the magnesium and (if you have spasm pain after a bowel movement) do you find it helps the post by pain?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby PreggoAF » 25 Jun 2018, 18:43

Mike, I’ve been taking it for maybe 7 months. I haven’t had true spasm pain in 2 months but I think it helped with the spasms when I did have them
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 25 Jun 2018, 20:57

I actually took some Miralax yesterday and today was 100x better. It's amazing how much that stuff helps. I know breastfeeding will be a difficult time to heal because that's when I originally tore both times too.

That's interesting to hear that the magnesium helps with PPA because I already suffer from a lot of anxiety on top of everything else. Do you just order the pills online? Any particular brand that you like? It's definitely something else I'd like to try after birth.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 26 Jun 2018, 00:17

Yep I tore both times while breastfeeding too I haven't taken any magnesium yet but its ment to help with anxiety muscle cramps an spasms it's also ment to help stools to be softer but there a different kinds the do each thing I guess you could get one which is a mix of all but I'm not sure allthepain I know how you feel with anxiety I've always had it but for the first 6 months of each of my two kids lives my anxiety was worse also so was the fissure the fissure would cause even more anxiety so once I stopped breastfeeding an my baby's where older an stronger my anxiety an fissure pain would go down I guess also our bodys take awhile to go back to normal after giving birth all the birth induced inflammation would take awhile to settle my fissure is more sensitive during my period an tends to retear during my period I would say from low estrogen which happens during periods an the inflammation from having your period us poor woman what we go though to maintain the human race : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 27 Jun 2018, 13:24

Guess what guys. I moved to Maryland last Friday and saw a new CRS today. He said muscle is so tight I’m highly unlikely to heal without surgery. Sooooo I scheduled LIS and hemorrhoid banding for two weeks from tomorrow. I’m so tired of this affecting my life I’m kind of excited for this to be over.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 27 Jun 2018, 15:13

PreggoAF that's fantastic I beat having a final plan set gives you massive relief you can finally get it FIXED today my fissure bleed again but I had minimal pain/discomfort during an none after leaving the room which makes it had for me to jump into surgery because I have no real pain but the fact that my fissure is still bleeding 4 months after Botox must mean it's not healed an the only thing stopping the pain is the lingering Botox? But what happens once the Botox is completely gone do I go back to the start, having lis would make you think everyday I'm getting better an not going backwards
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 27 Jun 2018, 16:44

Thanks Missy! I agree, at least I’ll get it over with. It’s been a drag on my life for so long and I hate living in fear. I hope you find the solution to your fissure problem and I’ll let you know how the LIS goes!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist