Delayed anal fissure pain?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Delayed anal fissure pain?

Postby MirandaYvonne » 03 Jul 2018, 14:29

So I’ve been dealing with a fissure for about four months now. I sometimes have pain while having a bm, but then I’ll feel fine immediately after. About two hours later I’ll get hit with a ton of soreness and burning pain, and that’ll last for several hours! Why is this pain delayed? It makes me nervous after every BM bc even when I feel fine I don’t know that it will last...
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Delayed anal fissure pain?

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 16 Jul 2018, 09:32

I am experiencing the same. I have a good bowel movemt( finally got it down) and then sit and wait to take pain meds once it starts in. This morning has been the longest so far, 3- 1/2 hrs and I feel a little creeping in. May be the relaxing of the intestines and bowels pulling inward and settling? I went from blood on paper and immediate pain to this. I’ll take this.
Deleted User 7275

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 17 Jul 2018, 08:35

I have this and manage it by focusing on relaxing my sphincter. Bizarrely when it starts, I notice that I have been my clenching my sphincter. I let it go and check back 1 minute later. It is clenched again. I let it go again, rinse and repeat for as long as is needed until the unconscious clenching stops. It really helps stop the pain from escalating, for me at least.
Deleted User 7114

Postby mike1971 » 20 Jul 2018, 19:15

I had a fistulotomy 8 weeks ago. As per surgeon, 3 other ER docs, and an MRI.....I don't have a fissure.

But I have constipation.....go once every 2-3 days now. And though I don't have pain during a bm I can go about 6 hours without much trouble then the burning and stinging pain sets in that last for 5 or 6 hours. This only occurs on days I have a bm.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby hurtinend » 20 Jul 2018, 20:52

It's likely muscle spasm related. In my opinion, once something goes wrong in the nether regions, it can be very very difficult for the body to return to its normal state.

I have had burning rectal pain going on 12 years now. Have given up on it getting better.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Camry » 03 Aug 2018, 22:42

One thing i've done for this pain is after a bm, i dry the area and put some tissue paper stuck on my butt. I feel sometimes its the sweat that makes the nerve ending trigger pain. Its not a hundred percent super pain free day but for me it helps a bit....
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby clarissairene » 06 Aug 2018, 08:48

Yup.... that's me. Had a BM about 30 minutes ago.... sharp stinging pain but bearable. I am sitting in office now and in about an hour I will feel intense throbbing, pain, spasming pain about an 8 on a scale of 1-10 and this will last for about 7-8 hours. It sucks. My CRS says its the sphincter mucle spasming and not happy. He couldn't answer why its delayed. I have a LIS scheduled in September finally after almost 2 years of dealing with this. Fingers crossed. I can deal with the BM pain. I cant deal with the 7-8 hour pain :(
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Camry » 06 Aug 2018, 20:28

I am in this exact same situation...the pain is a 9-5 thing then disaapears after....
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby bruce phyllis » 07 Aug 2018, 17:05

doc reckons delayed pain is when rectum goes into spasm after bowel movement but pain comes later rather like when you do your back in and suddenly feel the pain two days later. i had the botox injection which is supposed to prevent the spasm and allow fissure to repair and am having magnesium hydroxide which smooths out your motions which has helped but about half as bad as before. i have 2 x 400mg ibuprofens with breakfast to ease the pain but thankfully it goes off quicker than before. i have tried coconut oil as suggested elsewhere in this forum and i think it is helping to heal the fissure. the diltiazem relaxes it but doesnt seem to heal it. will continue with the oil and am going to request anther botox jab to help with it..
bruce phyllis
Fibre Addict