Anal fissue for 10 years- just had botox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissue for 10 years- just had botox

Postby Stewlou » 31 Oct 2018, 11:26

Hi everyone

So. This is a really long and painful story but i will try and keep it as brief as possible. I have suffered with anal fissures for over 10 very long years now and last week i underwent botox to try and cure me of this awful thing! I am 29 yrs old, very active, have a good diet. I dont know how i ended up with a fissure in the first place but after 10 very painful, fustrating years and trying all the creams, lotions & potions i really hope this is the end of it all. I underwent surgery last year but the surgeon said he couldnt see anything. He has to have been joking as i was in severe pain with every bm. Another thing to note was that i had oversused hc10 creams which means my skin in this area is now v thin and sore in addition. Anyway i went under the knife again last week and heres my analysis so far. The first bm was very painful with lots of blood, the 2nd 1 was uncomfy but not as painful and no blood the 3rd was much easier with no stinging pain just some slight ache where i presume the botox was inserted. Im staying optimistic, taking lactulose and eating small and often. My advice to anyone suffering is fissures can be stress related. Stay relaxed, take Calms magnesium every day and eat lots of veggies and fruits. It does help but it might not cure it. If the botox doesnt work for me then the nxt step is a fissturectomy. I will update you all in a few weeks.
Stewlou

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissue for 10 years- just had botox

Postby NikkiB69 » 01 Nov 2018, 12:13

Following your story
NikkiB69
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby BrooklynButt » 06 Nov 2018, 15:58

I'll be following you too Stew. I had Botox myself a little over a week ago, so very similar timeframe to you. No new pain or bleeding but I did swell up some in the area and seem to have developed a small external hemorrhoid (tell-tale purplish tinge, but not a large one). I do feel a bit looser, which I suppose is good, haven't had any control problems. Hopefully this works for both of us.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Stewlou » 12 Nov 2018, 13:44

So here’s an update and although its still early doors and this situation may just be unique to me hopefully it can help others. Although i had a historic fissure that the surgeon injected botox into, he says the underlying issue is thin skin which is external. He says this may have been caused as a result of the concoction of steroid creams used over the years. The opening to my anus basically tears during a BM because the skin externally is thin and has small fissures when stretched/ irritated. His advice, contrary to what is usually suggested for internal fissures was to, not eat so much fibre as the soft BMs can actually irritate the area further. He perscribed me 1 week of Trimavate and then long term application of Aqueous cream. I really dont want to speak toosoon but everything suddenly feels so much better down there. Theres some slight stinging and Im still taking calms magnesium morning and night to keep things moving but i havent had pain/bleeding in 3-4 days and things feels somewhat normal after a very long and testing 10 years!!! Please make sure you get the right diagnosis as Whilst the fissure has caused me issues in the past its actually the skin externally thats been causing the biggest problems for me. I will keep applying the aqueous creak religiously and eating a normal diet to see how i get on. I will update you in a couple of weeks time to let you know how Im getting on. Make sure you find the source of your pain as my surgeon has actually said mine is more of a skin problem than an internal fissure. Although im pleased we got to the root of the pain i remain apprehensive and will continue to follow the docs orders. I will see the surgeon in 6 wks when i can update on my progression.
Stewlou

Postby Okaybum » 13 Nov 2018, 05:12

So happy you are getting some answers and hopeful that this will work out.

I'm just curious, but how long does using such creams cause thin skin?
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Stewlou » 17 Nov 2018, 09:33

I have used a variety of creams on and off for about 10 years. Some
With steroids, some
Without. Doctors advice is always to use if for ahort periods of time, no longer than a week usually. But ive had mang pescriptions, covering many weeks- so in total it all adds up! I dont think im in the clear as today after a bm im experiencing a burning pain. Nowhere near what i used to in terms of pain but its uncomfy. I am still applying the aqueous cream religiously as the dr said this is the only thing that will help to repair the skin long term. Back for a review in 6 weeks so will let you all know.
Stewlou

Postby BrooklynButt » 19 Nov 2018, 21:14

Is there a particular aqueous cream you are using Stewlou? I have heard conflicting reports about whether to use calming/soothing cream back there or to just leave things alone.

And I also am in somewhat less pain since getting the Botox, though things do not feel *that much* different yet. Hopefully it continues to go in a positive direction for both of us.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 25 Dec 2018, 14:36

Just wanted to add my 2cents worth I had Botox 10 months ago I still have a fissure but before Botox I hated life everyday was painful during and after bms now I'm happier everyday range's from a bit of pressure to a bit of pain and it's only during a BM after bms i go on with my day with no pain or discomfort I'm booked for more Botox in the new year as my surgeon said some people plateau like I have so get better say 70% better then stay there but he said one more dose of Botox should make me 100% better or bear enough I've also read online that a good lot of people are healed for 1 lot of Botox then alot more are healed from the second does. Also to anyone interested you can look into emotional causes of constipation and or anal fissures I believe there's a connection if we're emotionally in pain and not acknowledging it it can get our attention by becoming physical, I have more then my fear share of issues and will be the first to admit that. We could all do with a little bit of self work to help heal ourselves inside and out or how I like to say inside then out! I believe everything starts from the inside and self love is the base. Love to all.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37