So Depressed....

Spasm pain is overwhelming

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So Depressed....

Postby Rubyblues » 16 Nov 2018, 12:22

So grateful for this safe place to vent with people who understand this pain. I have been dealing with fissure pain for over 3 years. I had Botox last November and after a week of excruciating spasm I had a couple of months relatively pain-free. When the botox were off I started having problems again. About 3 weeks ago after having a bowel movement I bled for about 20 minutes all over the bathroom floor. ever since then I've been getting the spasms so bad all I want to do is cry. Last night a spasm started at about 8:30 p.m. lasted until after 1 a.m. had to get up for work at 4:30. Had a bowel movement this morning and right on schedule about two hours later the spasm started. I am at work in an absolute agony. I'm hoping to be able to get in to be seen but I also know that there's not a whole lot that can be done. Feeling so depressed I don't know what to do. Is this how my life will be forever? I know that's not altogether true but in the moment dealing with the pain that's how it feels. Thank you all for being here and letting me vent this frustration as I know you understand what I'm going through. I wish everyone here a pain free day and Rapid healing. :groan:
Rubyblues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: So Depressed....

Postby Abu » 16 Nov 2018, 12:45

Hang in there Ruby. If it's so long you're fighting this, why haven't you consider LIS? It seems to be the best solution for cronic fissures unless you have other means of keeping it under control.
Living with this pain is no life - you really need to take a decision and fight for your right for a better life!
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Rubyblues » 16 Nov 2018, 13:09

Abu,
I agree this isn't living. I am trying to hold out until January due to insurance reasons to have the LIS. Unfortunately my insurance is really bad and having the Botox cost me over $3000 and I just don't have any funds left at the moment which adds to the frustration. In the meantime, I have to continue the sitz baths and doing what I can to make it through :(
Rubyblues
Fibre Addict

Postby hurtinend » 18 Nov 2018, 18:59

so sorry to hear this. So many suffer and it's a sad state of affairs that money can prevent us from getting relief.

I had to walk away from my career due to the exact pain you are describing. I started my fissure journey around 2009. Over the years it came and went. Now, it's the worst ever. Severe spasm for 12 hours a day.

I'm back to having to wait forever for another referral to a CRS.

I hope you find relief soon.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Rubyblues » 18 Nov 2018, 19:46

I hope you find relief too! Today is a good day as I haven't had a spasm. Just the razorblade feeling. Praying we all have a good day tomorrow!!!
Rubyblues
Fibre Addict

Postby Thorgrim » 18 Nov 2018, 21:10

Hey Ruby, No the pain and emotional agony will no last forever. Sounds like you are in rough shape, but LIS is a great option for a more permanent solution. I am almost 6 weeks post op, and so far so good. Find yourself a great surgeon and make the decision, once you make the decision you will start to feel better, and you will feel even better when it is done. Be brave, best of luck!
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby sean530 » 19 Nov 2018, 01:15

Hi I can relate. The financial aspect of this problem is a whole other issue. I'm so sorry for your pain I truly am.

And am sorry hurtinend that your career suffered cuz of this. That's so rough
sean530
Salt Bather

Topics: 9