SUCCESS Story: My AF Journal

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: SUCCESS Story: My AF Journal

Postby AF Angel » 02 Feb 2013, 12:00

Port,
Glad to know I could help. And thanks for explaining Oatmeal/bran for delasama. May you have a speedy speedy recovery.
Delasama,
Hope things are getting better for you. Hope cod liver oil and ghee is working for you. All the best wishes
fissuregirla,
Thanks much for sharing what worked for you. It really will help. God bless you to have a fissure-free life ahead.
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby AF Angel » 02 Feb 2013, 12:09

CrackinUp wrote:I'm convinced if I didn't push that nothing would come out, there is just too much tension.
How long exactly do you sit there waiting? I think I'd be in there for ages where as a quick push gets it over and done with. Hate to think I'm making things worse...

CrackinUp,
Totally understand how you feel. And you are right, if the stool is not soft enough, we will have to sit there for ever without pushing. This is all a team-work of different factors, I feel. Please read my point# 6 to keep the stool soft, bulky and slippery. If you could achieve that, the stool has no other option but to slip fast through the canal. I know it is not as easy as it sounds but please please try to achieve a softer stool and I am sure you will feel better without much pushing and straining. My prayers for you to have brighter days ahead. Image
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 02 Feb 2013, 12:24

have you tried squating? i know its not possible at work though.im taking miralax night and morning and teaspoon of metamucil at lunch per my crs. it seems to be working so far. i migh try squating too.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby AF Angel » 02 Feb 2013, 13:03

Jessjess,
Glad to know my post could help you. Wish you all the very best for your surgery. If you don't mind me asking, how long are you suffering and what is your current pain level in a scale of 10 ?
Anyways, keep soft stool as long as you heal completely and all my prayers for your surgery. You will be fine and do keep us posted on your recovery post-op. Take care and here is a Image
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby AF Angel » 02 Feb 2013, 13:18

delasama wrote:have you tried squating? i know its not possible at work though.im taking miralax night and morning and teaspoon of metamucil at lunch per my crs. it seems to be working so far. i migh try squating too.

Definitely, I am squatting everyday, by keeping a step in front and keeping the feet elevated on it and slightly slanting forward keeping the arms on the knees. Please read my point # 3.
Squatting helps a lot to properly open up the sphincter muscles and also for a fuller evacuation in one sitting. Do squat, it really helps me. And continue the lax whatever is working for you, do trial and error until you get a soft stool.
At office, I have one suggestion. It is to do the proper squatting on top of the toilet seat. BUT, it has to be done REALLY CAREFULLY. Because, if the seat or the feet is slippery, the feet may fall into the toilet.. :oops: Just a suggestion, I tried couple of times at home to practice, in case I might have to go elsewhere. If you are careful, and if there is something to grab on like a handle or something, it will work. Handicapped toilet (if you have one in office) might work better as well. I am a thin person, so not a big deal to squat on top of the toilet, but may not work if you are kind of on the other side. Please please be very careful.
My best wishes for you.
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby Jessjess » 02 Feb 2013, 16:42

Angel, I have been in pain for the past week. My pain level right now is a 3 due to taking a Percoset (not sure how much codeine but it's working). Every time I find something to alleviate the pain, it works for a day or so, then stops working and I have to find something else! So when this happens the pain level shoots back up to an 8 and I can bring it back down with a sitz bath for a little while. I should have asked my doctor for stronger painkillers but I've never used them to this extent so I didn't know the components and strengths.
And then a 10 after using the bathroom for a couple of minutes. When passing gas, it shoots back up to a 10! So I am taking Gas X and no gas today. Also laying on my belly so as to take most of the pressure off my butt.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby idream10 » 03 Apr 2014, 04:08

Hi wondering how you are doing? Did the fissure stayed healed?
idream10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Hope21 » 17 Dec 2018, 21:40

Hi AF Angel,

Super helpful tips! Loved your post. Was your AF chronic and you still managed to heal it? Was there a recurrence later?
Hope21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby tightbutt5678 » 19 May 2019, 06:19

Thanks AF Angel for this post! It is the best one I have read so far and I am already doing a lot of what you suggested and I am also improving! This gave me a lot of hope to stick out natural healing a little longer before trying botox. Would love to hear if you have fully healed now?

Thanks again for putting in the effort, so many people will benefit from this!

:)
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby appleapple » 16 Jun 2019, 17:05

I love this post, and especially appreciate the last part about hope. When I'm on my worst days, I read it out loud (and will admit I tear up sometimes when doing so). I hope I can heal soon.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist