Infected?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Infected?

Postby missy moo » 12 Feb 2019, 02:16

also no more antibiotics your entire body revolves around your gut and if you destroy your gut your body can't function right can't heal can't digest and it can create anxiety and depression we need a good gut bacteria balance and even taking probiotics and yoghurt is not the same there are so many different bacteria in our gut that get wiped out start eating a few tablespoons of sauerkraut each day that will help restore your gut. I won't take another antibiotic in my life unless my life depends on it recently my doctor tried to give me antibiotics for a terrible sinus infection I said no thanks and I went home and struggled through it and my body got rid of it and 3 weeks no antibiotics needed.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 12 Feb 2019, 02:18

Okaybum I thought you had healed? As you have said I wouldn't have a Fissurectomy without Botox or Lis I've spoken to 4 colorectal surgeons and they have all said they do not do so fissurectomy as a standard procedure with or without Lis for Botox it's just something they try to avoid because that ups your chances of infection but I would have it done if they recommended it with Botox or lis only.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 12 Feb 2019, 03:09

That's what I was advised by a GP, but I decided to see that lady CRS. she looked at it with an anoscope which made the fissure bleed. it was closed (still is) but it's raw like an abrasion. She said there was a chance it would heal on its own or she could do something. I begged her to do something. It's terrible as it's not that bad, not really, just taking forever to heal. I have to keep my BM barely formed or it pulls at the fissure.

She gave me nifedipine with lidocaine and scheduled me for a colonoscopy, a fissurectomy as it's nasty looking but tiny so she will give it a fresh start, and Botox. I am worried about the fissurectomy but I figure she will retear the darn thing opening my butt up anyway. It's external. The one thing that scares me is for the first several weeks, just sitting on the toilet made me feel like it would pop open. I'm passed that now and wish I didn't need to go through it again.

The positive side is that when the fissure was acute, I could have normal bm with no pain. It was after several retears that I started needing to have it barely formed.

On the plus side I'm down 25lbs so hopefully that'll help.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Talesofmytail » 12 Feb 2019, 11:13

Missy, I agree about gut flora being an important component in our overall health. I was vegan for years and always stuck with whole and fermented foods. I've since learned my body is ok with a little chicken and fish, but I still don't eat dairy or processed foods. I've been more cognizant about increasing my fermented food intake while on the antibiotics, but they are heavy duty and have wiped out all my good bacteria I'm sure. Despite best efforts the antibiotics are the only thing that seems to totally resolve the infection, but not a long term solution I know. I'm gonna pick up some magnesium today. My BMs are always pretty perfect, but maybe it will help with the healing?
Okbum, I'm really nervous about the fissurectomy as well because I'm not in horrible pain now either and I'm afraid it will put me back in the hell I was in three months ago. I also can't take any more time off work but the way my schedule in the emergency department rotates (3 on 3 off, 2 on 6 off) I'll have 6 days to recover. If the recovery from the Botox/LIS is as bad as the fissure pain in the beginning, 6 days won't be near enough. I've also lost weight during this ordeal (went all the way down to 95 lbs), but I think for me it was a bad thing. When are you scheduled for surgery?
Began suffering: 9/6/18
Dx'd with fissure: 9/27/18
Began diltiazem & Miralax: 9/27/18
Began physical therapy: 10/26/18
Acupuncture: 12/08 - 12/22/18
Began nifedapine: 12/29/18
Dx'd with small, superficial abscess, started Cipro & Flagyl: 1/2/19
Talesofmytail
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Abu » 12 Feb 2019, 11:49

Don't do fisurectomy, yoiu will regret this for the rest of your life! Read the stories of many people here and you will understand why so few surgeons still recommend it today.
Botox or LIS if you can't live with the pain, otherwise just hang in there and work towrds healing. Just know that it will take years and not days.

I totally agree with you Missy, antibiotics I will never ever take again. They caused by fissure to occur 5 years ago by wiping out everything in my gut and leading me to constipation and hard stools.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Talesofmytail » 12 Feb 2019, 12:04

I think the reason mine might need to be cut out is because I keep developing an abscess right under it...
If the abscess doesn't come back, I'll def avoid the surgery
Talesofmytail
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 12 Feb 2019, 13:32

Yes Abu every surgeon here in NZ that I've spoken to said no to the fissurectomy it's only for scar tissue build up that's it,

Talessofmytail
Didn't you say you took 4 lots of antibiotics? Did you know taking antibiotics makes your body more susceptible to future infections. Just honestly try coconut oil even if just after bms and before bed even try eat some of you can stomach it it's a natural antibiotics in my eyes I've seen it do magic on many things your either putting the infection in there with say your finger or it's coming down from your gut because theres not good bugs to kill them before they come out as stool and then get into the fissure, I read alot of reports about getting an infection in an anal fissure is extremely unlikely so maybe you need to look into boosting your overall immune system, this is all just my advice you don't need to listen,

Okaybum
Did you have anything done?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Okaybum » 12 Feb 2019, 14:44

I have read BUM_UK's diary on here, a daily record. They did awesome and healed up great.

Bum UK said The first few days were pretty sore, like when the fissure had formed but without the horrible spasms. Definitely check out BUM UK'S diary. I think they said the first 8 days were painful but it was getting better each day. However, I'm not sure if I'd get a fissurectomy without Botox or an lis.

Abu, please share your experiences with a fissurectomy? Did you have the procedure done? Or are you fear mongering? Do you have a medical degree?
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 12 Feb 2019, 14:56

Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Talesofmytail » 12 Feb 2019, 18:13

Missy, I've taken three cycles of Cipro and Flagyl, so I've been on it about 30 days and will run out tomorrow. I know antibiotics are hell on the immune system and can't be taken long term, so I won't go in for another cycle. I don't want to end up with C Diff! Also, I actually consume a good amount of coconut oil at baseline; I don't eat dairy so I use it in place of butter. I also have a bowl of chai seeds soaked in coconut milk with fresh blueberries every morning. As far as the fissurectomy, I've heard it's a difficult recovery and I'm still on the fence about it. My surgeon did say they take just a very thin layer of cells from the ulcerated edges of the fissure to promote healing. I suppose I'll tell my surgeon I want Botox as well as the fissurectomy. I honestly don't feel overly tight down there after the pelvic floor therapy though, so maybe it's not even necessary.
Okaybum, thanks for the links! I'm gonna go check them out now!
Talesofmytail
Salt Bather