Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 15:32

Hi Missy moo, did you end up doing another round of Botox?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 16:39

Hi I'm waiting for my second round I will be doing it for sure I'm having a bad day today I really think it's something I'm eatting that my body does not like so I'm trying to figure it out, how are you? Have you had any procedures done?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 16:58

I am sorry you've had a bad day today, me too...and I know it's the hard tip. I have been dealing with this ordeal since last Aug from using Codeine to treat a bad cough. I've used Nitro - no luck, currently on Nifedipine - no luck and I've developed a 3rd fissure this week. I am seriously thinking Botox or LIS, just not sure if Botox is worth a try if eventually I need to get LIS.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 19:27

I'm sorry your having a bad day too looks like you found me on the right day so we can be there for each other x. I would say try Botox there's no harm in trying the worst that could happen is you need any other shot or later you still need lis but my pain is alot less since getting Botox I use to really struggle eith pain everyday but now I don't for me aswel it's the hard tip I'm taking magnesium oxide at the moment and it's just building up loose stool behind the hard tip I've got another pill I'm thinking about trying it's for bowel and colon support helps with dry stool and heaps of other things it's a mix of natural herbs, I also left my boyfriend 2 weeks ago after our 6 year relationship plus two kids together so I'm under alot of stress trying to keep things together it's hard to have a life with ups and downs then in the background a constant pain in the #ss fissure that demands your attention!
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 20:05

My heart sunk just reading you last post. I can't imagine anything else happen on top of this AF thing, and yet you have been through so much in the past few weeks and stress is certainly not helping with healing. Sending you lots lots of hugs...
My CRS is still keen for me to try Botox, however it's not covered here in Aus so I have to pay for that myself. How long did it take for you to recover from the Botox shot? I have a busy work schedule in the next 2 months and I hope it's an easy recovery!
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 20:23

Thanks, so you live in Australia? I'm in NZ the pain after Botox was the same as before Botox but I started moving in the right direction I think my fissure is better now then it was before Botox it still bleeds but it doesn't hurt all day i feel discomfort for like 10-30mins after a bm
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 20:47

Yes I live in Australia. Since Aug last year, I have had some really good months, sometimes 1.5 months without pain. Sometimes just discomfort in BM only. But last few days have been really bad...very painful during BM and that deep aching throbbing pain for 8-10 hours...I spoke to the nurse yesterday and asked how often is LIS performed, she said not very often. Most people just get Botox and repeat it if needed. My CRS is not keen to give me LIS considering my age and I haven't had kids yet, but she can if that's what I want. Thanks for your advise I think I am leaning towards Botox now. Will ask for it next time I see my CRS.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 20:58

That's great you sound like me before Botox I did have good weeks then weeks that made me question life an started getting depressed but now I have either a good day or a slight pain to discomfort during bms an a little while after I remember I would be in pain all day only coming right before bed then I didn't want to go to sleep because I didn't want to wake up an start all over again, how old are you I'm 30 an still want another baby one day you need a second opinion I wouldn't get someone that's not experienced or confident in doing lis
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 21:33

I am 30 as well, surely not an age which I have to worry about my BM all the time! My GP recommended my CRS because she's more conservative and willing to try everything and only do LIS as last option. And there are not many female CRS around! She's pretty experienced I think, I am seeing her as a private patient but she's also the head of colorectal unit in a big hospital. Having said that, I was just thinking last night that I will probably want a second opinion before I get LIS. Do you think you will get LIS anytime soon?
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 21:54

Wow your 30 too! So cool um no I won't be getting lis anytime soon I'm giving Botox a good go first I mite get lis one day but not yet, what's your diet and water intake like? I'm in a small town in NZ and I'm worried about getting lis by someone who hasn't done many it is a worry for me
missy moo
King Fissure