Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 22:10

Sound like Botox is working for you, and I would say yea give you body plenty of time to heal.

I have tried VERY strictly diet before and setbacks still happen. As for now, I usually have cereal/oats/baked sweet potato for breakfast. I kinda just eat whatever I like for lunch and dinner - I usually eat a healthy diet so some veggies/carbs/proteins. Benefiber with lunch and dinner, then half sachet of Movicol before bed time. I have played around with Movicol dose and even when I take a full sachet, it does not solve the hard tip problem for me so I've kinda given and just take half dose. Last week has been awful so I have started taking Mg Citrate again, the one from Swisse x2 tablet. My CRS asked me to take Coloxyl but she said Movicol should work just fine. She's also suggested Metamucil, but I'm worried it'll bulk up too much. I drink at least 2.5-3L water every day.

I honestly don't know what else I can do, and why it's still not healing...actually worse, now I have 3 fissures which is not common.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 22:29

I have 2 fissure one at 12 o'clock and one at 6 o'clock the common spots, I tried Metamucil and yup it just created more stool not softer stool I only drink 1.5 - 2 litres a day I tried the citrate but it didn't help it's more of a magnesium for relaxation and nerves I never got softer stools while taking it I was only taking one dose of 435mg a day maybe I needed to take more but the magnesium oxide is better as a second I'm thinking I mite need to take one capsule as soon as I wake up and one capsule right before bed instead of taking two right before bed or maybe even start taking too first thing in the morning maybe that might help with that first hard tip magnesium oxide works like it makes stool soft but maybe I'm taking it to late so it's only effecting the more recent food I've eaten if you know what I mean? Maybe you should try magnesium oxide it's produced in New Zealand the brand that I take and their website is www.goodhealth.co.nz the product is called mg lax it's formulated to support the bowel and encourages bowel regularity by drawing water into the bowel it's not one that you become dependent on.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 Mar 2019, 22:53

Missy moo I know exactly what you mean! I'll check out the product thanks for sharing.
I too think the hard tip is the residue from the leftover BM the day before. I also just started taking a quarter of a teaspoon of Mivocol before breakfast this morning (I am worried if I take more it'll make me go again during the day). Mivocol works by drawing water to you colon just as Mag oxide and my CRS says I can take it forever..of course that's not what I want but nice to know I can take it without worrying about dependency. I'll see how I go tomorrow morning, really not looking forward to it considering how bad it was this morning. arhhh...I am also seeing my GP later this afternoon because I lost 10% of my weight in the past few months - to a point that's concerning me, I don't want to live in any more anxiety than I do already....
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2019, 23:02

I would trust mg oxide more because it's natural especially long term use, also I've always had anxiety too this had just added to it I've had my first fissure for 5.5 years also I found the best time to take a full dose of movicol is after breakfast on an empty stomach they come is sachets over here and I would take one full sachet mixed into half a glass of water maybe that's when I should start taking the oxide after breakfast.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 14 Mar 2019, 11:09

I am sorry to hear about your troubles Missy, indeed stress is not easy to cope with and that can only worsen the fissure. And the stress created by knowing this adds up to the already existing stress...
I support your decision to try Botox the second time instead of LIS, but is it such difficult to manage the BMs with Magnesium alone? Did you try to take it at different times of day, are you sure you took it on empty stomach?
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 14 Mar 2019, 15:04

Hi Abu, thank you yes it's a stressful time I'm trying to be positive and focus on the future, I did take the magnesium on an empty stomach right before bed the citrate didn't really help I've started a new bowel support supplement made of natural herbs designed to help cleanse the digestive bowel and colon of parasites fungus and worms it gets rid of any nasties and helps restore natural regularity it also helps with a lot of other body issues it has liquorice root extract and some other things do you think gluten-free pasta could have caused my hard stool the other day ?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 14 Mar 2019, 23:08

I tend to avoid substances which claim they clean the colon from fungus and other nasty stuff. I prefer to support healthy bacteria instead, and starve the bad guys by eating a healthy diet. Non gluten food is also a type of processed food which I try to avoid. Magnesium citrate is very good if taking the proper dose, I usually have watery stools from 600mg, but it depends on everyone's body in the end. Hope the second round of Botox will help you Missy, this is no life in your thirties. Best of wishes to you.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2019, 03:01

Thanks Abu I was thinking maybe I have ibs constipation or something I don't get it also I think mushrooms mite cause issues? I read somewhere that nightshades can cause consitpation in some people? Any insite would be appreciated thanks abu
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 15 Mar 2019, 03:13

My dear Missy, it is human nature to link situations which take place in a relatively short period of time. I don't believe mushrooms can cause constipation because usually it is a combination of factors that lead to this. Since we are on softeners all the time it is very difficult to isolate single foods as causing issues. Maybe your stress level was elevated yesterday when you ate the mushrooms and stress definitely can impact stool consistency. You can try eating them again after few days and see how you feel.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Mar 2019, 03:56

Yes very true I think the stress has been the main issue
missy moo
King Fissure