Breastfeeding, any chance to heal?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Breastfeeding, any chance to heal?

Postby Faraway mommy » 18 Mar 2019, 07:33

Hello, everyone:)
Firstly I would like to thank you so much for making such a useful source of information!!! I can’t say I would die without it, but go crazy for sure.
I had my little daughter 7,5 month ago. And postpartum fissure as a bonus of it(((
I am breastfeeding now. And I can’t get rid of this fissure(((

It’s my fourth pregnancy and third issue with fissure. After first pregnancy (unsuccessful unfortunately) I cured really fast. After second (it took a while) but it has gone away 5 months after (maybe due to ending breastfeeding at 4,5 of my son). And now I am just desperate to heal it :cry:

The problem is... I am in Russia (I hope everyone understands, that using AF forum would be :afsmile: a very long way for professional spy :D )

And we have other standards of cure. No GTN, nefidipine or dialtazem((( If the fissure isn’t heald during a month, our CRS offer only classical operation. LIS isn’t so widespread (((

I tried almost all kinds of suppositories and cream, that our pharmacies can offer. Nothing works(((

Now I am trying to switch from lactulose to PEG. Just tired of meteorism and still having hard stool in the beginning. I hope PEG would be better.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Breastfeeding, any chance to heal?

Postby Faraway mommy » 18 Mar 2019, 07:43

I apologize if my English isn’t so clear to understand, just not so strong in medical sphere.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 18 Mar 2019, 07:55

At the moment l don’t have such an awful pain, sometimes little bleeding. But I don’t feel ever heald. I don’t mind operation but doctors says, that the healing process will be very tough due to breastfeeding and I can lose it (which I am really afraid).

I have done 3 blockades with lidocaine but they helped just for a while. The third blockade was not helpful at all to my mind.

I tried to make GTN ointment by myself (using GTN pills and Vaseline, feeling like a drug diller)))). It works, but I got an irritation from it.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 18 Mar 2019, 08:13

I really don’t know what to expect and what treatment to continue. Will it really get better if I stop breastfeeding?

As I understand fissuretomie is actually “making chronical fissure fresh and acute” to help it to recover. But I started to cure my fissure when it was fresh and it didn’t go away!!!
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 18 Mar 2019, 08:24

Tired of diet, ointments, suppositories. Desperate to see the end of it...

Mums, who were breastfeeding with fissure, what was the best supporting medecine in that time? Did you really feel better after ending up BF? How long did it take to recover after ending up?

Just need some support...
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 Mar 2019, 23:09

Welcome to the forum. I honestly can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with a fissure and a new baby at the same time. I hope you're able to heal though. From what I've read on here, breastfeeding results in constipation due to dehydration, so adding miralax (PEG) is a good idea to help with that. Just remember that you'll need to drink enough water for it to work well. Another thing to try is prunes because they contain a sugar that helps with colon contractions.

What is the classical surgery that they offer in Russia? I hope it's not the Lord's dilation , that one carries a high incontinence risk.

This post has the names of two good doctors in Moscow. Not sure if it's feasible for you to travel there but here's the link: post138918.html
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 03:23

Patience, thanks for your answer and support! I really appreciated that)
I’m in St.Petersburg, so CRS not a problem. We have a special State Proctological Centre (very professional surgeons) and many private clinics (which I prefer cause it’s question of time and road with a baby).

Saying classical operation I mean fissuretomie. I don’t know why but LIS is a quite rare option( Just in some cases. And no Botox at all.

I would do Botox or LIS without any doubt. But I don’t believe that my fissure will be healed with just fissuretomie. Especially breastfeeding.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 04:11

I saw two CRS. And the first one said “no operation while breastfeeding”. He says that my internal tissues are very hydropic while BF, easy to traumatize, so recovery will be very long and hard. He offered just to try make my daily routine as much comfortable as possible so I could continue to feed. After ending up to see if I need an operation.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 04:14

The second CRS offered operation “right now” with the lazer. Or dilation. But I didn’t agree. Having 2 children how I will deal with the pain without possibility to ale strong pain killers?
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 04:18

For the moment I bought coconut oil and Forlax. I plan to use them for a month to see if they make any difference. Fiber diet and no constipation food of course.

Guys, how do you think, if in a month I don’t see any results should I continue? Or it’s useless?
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict