Botox Again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Again

Postby missy moo » 28 May 2019, 17:29

In waiting room by myself :( nervous
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 28 May 2019, 17:45

Do you have someone to pick you up after the procedure? Don't be nervous...it's just going to be a nice nap :-)
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 28 May 2019, 17:48

I've just been told it's a two hour wait!! So I'm going to be sitting here waiting and worrying I'm trying not to, I did take a diazapam before I left home so that's helping. Hi vicouscycle yes I do have someone to pick me up, i'll try think about it like that it's just a nice sleep that's all nothing to worry about. It's the wait I'm not happy about because I just want it done I don't want to sit here thinking about it.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 28 May 2019, 19:04

The surgeon I just spoke to said that Botox or cream works for most people and in the town I live in about 2 lis are done per year and that they try not to do lis on woman because the anus muscle loosens with menopause and you want to keep the muscle in tact for that. Also he said expect the second fissure to reopen because if the anus is tight it's likely to tear they need to use tools down there to stretch things open and that's why with my first Botox I got a second fissure which healed a few weeks later but still I don't want to leave the hospital with 2 fissures!! That's what happened last time.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 28 May 2019, 22:30

So I'm out and according to the surgeon my fissure is about 2mm long and the last time I had Botox it was about 6mm long and the surgeon called it a very long fissure so hopefully that means the first botox helped it heal and this lot will finish it off. And no second fissure caused he said but well see if he's right when I take my first BM because I'll feel where the pains are hopefully this is it guys the surgeon said there's no reason it won't heal no fissurectomy needed the fissure is all nice an tidy on its own. Also he put 2x 50 units in so 50 each side last time it was 30 each side.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 28 May 2019, 23:29

sounds really promising missy. I am glad for you now that's done, and hopefully for the last time ever! Rest well and take it easy the first few days.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 28 May 2019, 23:44

Thanks vicouscycle I can't believe my fissure is down to just 2mm long hopefully it will heal now. How was your first day when you went home? I'm feeling ok really just laying in bed at home I've only eaten half a sandwich today which makes me worry that I need me food in me to make sure I go tomorrow. Also my surgeon said fiber is important we need bulky stool not soft serve ice cream stools we need our muscles stretching properly he said not to take stool softeners but I will for the first 2 weeks but I mite take fiber aswel
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 28 May 2019, 23:55

I was very sore and swollen for the first few days. Day 1 was particularly weird due to swelling + numbing. It almost felt like they left something inside...then it just got better after about 3 days. My surgeon said to remain on laxatives for 2 weeks. It's 2 weeks for me today but I am still planning to stay on it. Will gradually wean myself off it eventually, but it'll take months probably.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 29 May 2019, 02:40

How are you feeling today at week two? I had the Botox done about 6 hrs ago now and I'm now really sore an feel like you said like there's something in there but that's just the swelling I'm really sore walking or moving positions but if I lay still I'm fine pain free. I'll take a stool softener before bed and 2 Panadol and ibuprofen to help through the night then we'll see how tomorrow goes I have my 2 year old all day tomorrow and not looking forward to it because he's so full on then I have to pick up my 5 year old from school at 3pm so tomorrow will be interesting
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 29 May 2019, 03:06

Some days I feel tighter than usual, and sometimes it stings a little. I am eating a lot more than I used to, also some fissure unfriendly food as well, burger/cheese/dairy/sugar...I just want a normal life. It takes 6 weeks for a fissure to heal and I'll definitely need to be patient and just pray that horrible feeling does not come back after Botox wears off.
For me the first few days I had to deal with those painful sudden contractions which woke me up even when I was asleep, so that was not fun. It gradually disappeared from day 3 or 4.
I hope your kids behave tomorrow so you can still focus on your recovery...Take it easy, you will have lots of time with them when you are fully healed!
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist