LIS recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS recovery

Postby Hopie75 » 02 May 2019, 10:09

Hi,
I am new to this forum but have found it a great source of information prior to joining, so many thanks to you all. I had a LIS surgery 3 days ago. I’ve had a chronic fissure for 5 years. I also had two skin tags removed during the surgery. I’d like to know peoples experiences in LIS recovery. I had my first bowel movement with little pain 2 days after the surgery. A lot of stinging afterwards. (Sitz bath helped). Today, there was more burning (not sharp pain) during my bowel movement and some blood in the toilet. But, not as much burning afterwards. I’m assuming this is common but wondered of others could share their experiences and how long it took to not have blood in the toilet. I’m currently in benefiber, two stool softeners and took a magnesium supplement. Thinking the magnesium might have made it too soft. Anyway, any advice you could give me would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Hopie75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: LIS recovery

Postby supersadguy » 01 Jun 2019, 22:11

Takes some time. But I saw relief after about 5 days. Yes my bum hurt cause of the CRS cutting but, the spasms stopped. I took Mirilax for a long time after. That stuff is awesome. When o you go to your post op visit they can see how much healing has occurred. Hope you heal fast, I know how painful it is.
supersadguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Hopie75 » 02 Jun 2019, 14:12

Thank you!! It’s roughly 5 weeks now. I have some kind of irritation when I have a bowel movement but it is different than a fissure or spasm. It almost feels like some skin irritation. Or maybe a skin tag that is irritated? How long before you felt 100%?
Hopie75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby supersadguy » 02 Jun 2019, 18:02

Yes it will be different. Remember it was surgery and they made a cut in a very sensitive part. For a few weeks after, even a few months out when I was driving I might have to shift my weight. Stuff like that. But it would be so minimal compared to the pain of an AF.
supersadguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Hgizzleman » 14 Jun 2019, 22:17

supersadguy wrote:Takes some time. But I saw relief after about 5 days. Yes my bum hurt cause of the CRS cutting but, the spasms stopped. I took Mirilax for a long time after. That stuff is awesome. When o you go to your post op visit they can see how much healing has occurred. Hope you heal fast, I know how painful it is.

How long has it been since your surgery?
Hgizzleman