Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy Surgery on Jun 18th

Preparing for surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy Surgery on Jun 18th

Postby Abu » 25 Jun 2019, 07:13

You only worsen digestion which will invariably lead to hard stools. I recommend you stop this practice and replace it with some natural remedy, like apple cider vinegar.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Tryingtorelax » 25 Jun 2019, 09:19

Abu, thank you for the advice. It wasn’t pepto bismal or anything. Just a simple antacid, nothing to treat diarrhea. And it’s not anything I take on a regular basis. It helped yesterday. Apple cider vinegar makes me sick so it’s not easy for me to take.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Bloodybum » 25 Jun 2019, 10:43

You sure it was flaxseed that caused this? That is pretty strange unless you have some kind of allergy. Ibprofen can cause upset stomachs I would think it's more likely that.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Tryingtorelax » 25 Jun 2019, 11:02

It could have been the ibuprofen but I highly doubt it. The flaxseed sent me straight to the toilet. It was the first time I ever had it. I’ve been taking ibuprofen this whole time and I’ve been fine. I take it with food. It’s not bothered me now but I have had it bother me in the past but this kind of burning was intense.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 25 Jun 2019, 19:19

One Week Post Op Day 7
Sleeping last night was a little difficult because of the pain. BM was fine this morning. I’m getting frustrated because I have a difficult time telling if I need to go. I also have a hard time feeling like my bowels are empty. Any ideas guys?? It worries me a little and I don’t know why it’s happening. Pain this morning was an 8 just from the surgery pain. It felt achy. Sore. Sometimes it feels like pulling or little needles stabbing. It’s weird. But the pain subsided mid day. Ate my usual. Except that I had spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash. Hoping that comes out well. We’ll see. Lots of water. 23 grams of fiber. Sitz baths. Ibuprofen. 2 stool softeners, one in the morning, one in the evening. Swelling seemed better this morning but bowel movements aggravate it and it swells again. I’m wondering when I can try sitting. I’m still laying on my sides. I’m also wondering if it would be bad to lay on my back. I need a manual with instructions. Lol.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Cez » 25 Jun 2019, 20:58

Well on bright side, its only been a week. Hopefully lis Veterans can chime in.
Cez
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Dnank » 26 Jun 2019, 11:56

I had lis on May 3rd. A little different recovery for me because luckily I didn't have hemorrhoids, although I have had internals in the past. I had banding twice. For me, that was worse than lis. I too experienced the same problem about knowing when I needed to have a BM. That took at least two weeks post-durgery to start returning to normal. Just wanted to let you know that. Good luck.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Tryingtorelax » 26 Jun 2019, 13:38

Thank you so much Dnank! I appreciate you replying.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 26 Jun 2019, 17:20

Post Op Day 8
Same as day before. It’s frustratung that I sometimes have a bowel movement before breakfast, after breakfast, in the middle where I have to stop eating breakfast, or both before and after. Today it was before breakfast and also I had to stop in the middle of breakfast to go. Bowel movement was fine but the pain lasted for about 2 hours afterwards. Achy pain. Throbbing but not any true spasms. I’m glad I am going fine but I wish it was one good bowel movement a day. Nothing new to say so that’s it for today.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Cez » 27 Jun 2019, 10:17

Is the pain less than pre op ?. I've seen YouTube post op videos where patients said it took up to 3 months to have no adverse symptoms
..others where no adverse symptoms after a few weeks. Truth be told the ones who recovered quicker had operations done in North America. Keep the faith
Cez
Salt Bather

Topics: 2