My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby SueMac » 27 Jun 2019, 08:41

Missy so glad it's going well. Great news. Agreed about being anxious /stress and menstrual cycle interrupting healing.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Katie123 » 27 Jun 2019, 13:10

Uh I have also noticed with the hormones. These things really do suck don’t they!!!
i am seriously trying to be at one with the pain and get on with things and you know some days that works others it’s just crazy painful. Perhaps I will carry on using the cream for a while I was just worried about it thinning the skin.
Thanks so much for your replies it’s super helpful. I’m also really strict with my diet, I can’t tell you how much I want some cheesy chips ha ha
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Katie123 » 29 Jun 2019, 04:08

I have also noticed a massive difference with hormones!!
So day 9 and still spasms but I think more burning sensation now. I’m guessing as I’m not at the two week marker this is probably common?
My kids broke up from school 2 weeks ago and I just want to enjoy time with them. Really hoping this works. Hope you girls are doing well x
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 29 Jun 2019, 16:51

Think of it in weeks not days once you get to week 2 I'm sure you'll be better then you are today. A friend of mine just told me that the full effect of Botox is at around 4 weeks and lasts 3 months but the effects atleast for me with both rounds of Botox I started noticing around the 2week mark. You'll get there.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 03 Jul 2019, 14:24

Day 50 (set back)

First of all, I haven’t had issues with BM for about 4 weeks. Then this morning, BOOM, I knew it’s ripped again. Almost brought tears to my eyes...why why. I don’t even need to look back to know there is blood (and there is blood). The feeling is too familiar. Honestly I don’t know what to do, I’ve put so many life plans on hold and last month I had my hopes high and maybe I can live a normal life. Apparently not.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie123 » 03 Jul 2019, 14:28

Nooooooooooo
I’m so sorry for you. Have you been in much pain today? Or is the Botox still helping the spasms. It’s so unfair. Have you changed anything? Nearly time of the month??
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 03 Jul 2019, 14:50

Hi Katie,

My spasm usually comes 1hr after BM. I’ll report back later. But I can feel that the burning is starting to come. I’m lying in bed, crying to my husband...
I’m about to get my period in around 4,5 days. I think it’s hormone related. I usually have that hard tip problem during this period and today was the same. BM was not large or anything, it was just a bit hard and I needed to strain a little.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 03 Jul 2019, 15:19

So sorry for your pain it truly hurts your heart I know the feeling. Have you only had Botox so far right? I also like many many others on here get hard tips leading up to my period then during my period the whole area is more inflamed so I normally get setbacks days before my period or a day or 2 into my period have you considered take in a birth control pill to try and even out your hormones? I was thinking of trying this.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 03 Jul 2019, 16:32

Hi Missy,
I guess I should’ve known better. Last few days the area is more swollen than usual but I didn’t have any problem with BM. Next time I notice this, I’ll add a quarter dose of Movicol after lunch and prune juice as well.
Let me know if you start the pills! I don’t think I will because we are planning as soon as this saga is over.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 04 Jul 2019, 02:44

How are you feeling today?? The exact same thing happened to me this morning. Day 14 and the tear is open again........
Katie123
Salt Bather