My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby Vicouscycle » 08 Jul 2019, 04:28

I’m sorry to hear that Katie. That sucks. Are you taking softener? Maybe up that a little and see if it improves. Also don’t forget there is ointment as well you can apply.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie123 » 08 Jul 2019, 05:12

Yes still using the lactulose that was prescribed. Really hate taking pain killers because of still feeding kind of thinking it’s due to the time of month so will see how the next few days go. Went in the pool and my god did it sting :@
Fingers crossed for some relief.
Hope you are feeling better after your set back x
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Katie123 » 12 Jul 2019, 06:12

So week 3 yesterday and still pain and spasm and burning :(
Not so sure this is still normal at this stage. Uh. Was so hoping it would do the job. Do I g everything I’m meant to be doing. Even with diet just fruit and salad no carbs no meat etc and using softeners
How’s everyone else holding up? X
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Okaybum » 12 Jul 2019, 06:51

Hi guys, I'll join the group. My bowels have been all over the place since the colonoscopy and Botox and hem banding. 4 days post op and it started out great. BM was solid but hurt a little in general. No fissure pain. Still bruised down there so I chalked it to that. Then I had to cough. The cough made me violently fart and it hurt/bled a little. That was just the start. The gas kept on coming. It's 9:40pm and I've had 6 bm. They're painless now but I feel like the excessive farting and pooping has reopened something at the top. I'm scared it's my chronic fissure, even though it doesn't feel like it, wrong spot Maybe it's a hem as I think there was one beside my fissure. I don't know but it again stings to wee and the gas is building up again so I may try to sleep and hope my body doesn't want to have another BM. Ibs sucks. Increase fibre...blah. I've spent the day dunking in the sitz bath. I told my boss I'm going to need next week off.

I wasn't in much pain before, just couldn't have normal solid BM. It's early yet in the Botox, here's hoping day 5 is better. At least the bleeding has almost stopped. I can see what caused my new fissure during the surgery; my hemorrhoid was removed from that spot. It looks huge, but it's causing me little pain as it's completely external. It's just whatever is near my chronic fissure that's not playing nice and is stinging.

I'm sorry you're not having a good go of it, Katie. I hope today is better for you
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 12 Jul 2019, 07:01

Poor you okaybum and you Katie. okaybum did they say how long with might suffer for before it settles down, parhaps this is to be expected 4 days isn't long after all that work been one down there!
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Okaybum » 12 Jul 2019, 07:40

I think my bum is improving, no longer red, but bruised. As for the bowels, I suspect this may be remnants of the colonoscopy prep then me eating too much fibre while taking too much stool softeners and a fiber supplement. I think I triggered my ibs. I've switched back to my massive movicol dose and no fiber supplement. I won't eat pears and cherries for breakfast. I'm thinking McDonald's sausage muffin. For whatever reason, I eat that and then a salad at lunch and my bowels are happy. Then, I'll get more bread and have toast on Sunday as oatmeal is bulk forming and fruit =gass and diarrhea.. Swinging ibs d to C is not fun and that's what I had hoped to avoid. I managed to avoid that but gave myself explosive gas instead lol. Oh well, early days yet. Pain meds are now 5 hrs in and I'm not in much pain or soreness now. I took 2 drops digestzen doTerra oil in my water and it's settled my ibs and bowels completely so I'm extremely thankful.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Vicouscycle » 12 Jul 2019, 13:36

Sending everyone lots of hugs...

Mine hasn’t been that great either. It’s been almost 2 months and I can feel the fissure because it stings and burns unless it’s an effortless BM. Also sometimes you just retear out of nowhere... I’ll start drinking some prune juice today and see if that helps.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 12 Jul 2019, 14:04

Oh Vicouscycle I was so hoping you were doing well!! Have you been back to see the surgeon?? Maybe if it’s just stinging and burning it’s still healing?? I guess the Botox has stopped the spasms now for you?
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Vicouscycle » 12 Jul 2019, 15:07

Botox has stopped the spasm on most days except when I retear...but not as bad as pre Botox. it’s been just over 8 weeks and I’m keeping a close eye for the next 4 weeks as it’s supposed to wear off around week 12. I’ll report back if I feel any different.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie123 » 12 Jul 2019, 15:12

Ok well I have everything crossed for you!!! Old luck and sending lots of healing thoughts your way x
Katie123
Salt Bather