My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 00:45

Hey Katie, how are you doing? I hope the pain is starting to lessen for you.

Same, Viciouscycle. I'm grateful for every soft BM. I had a formed one today and it was perfect. My muscles still work even after having mostly diarrhea for months. I'm no longer having pain during my BM, just afterwards now. I have had some actual spasms from what feels like an internal acute fissure from hem removal. Now that the all over pain is fading, and the burning has passed, and I can feel a spot or a line that's still fairly sore. It's definitely not my chronic fissure.

The external acute one I had at 6 o'clock has healed up nicely. Just hoping this silly internal sore or fissure will heal up now too. Day 9 post op. Here's to a brighter tomorrow
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 17 Jul 2019, 02:58

That’s great news okaybum brilliant
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Vicouscycle » 17 Jul 2019, 14:24

Day 64
It’s been 9 weeks since Botox. I’m feeling some tightness around the area. Definitely still feel the cut/burn on fissure site (12 o’clock one has improved, just the 6 o’clock one is still troublesome) even with soft and finger size BM. I’ve stopped the sitz bath, just cream twice a day now. Also eating healthy/Movicol/Coloxyl daily.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 17 Jul 2019, 16:15

Vicouscycle

I also have two fissures 12 o'clock is the chronic one and the 6 o'clock is the acute one caused by my first Botox procedure.

So today marks 7 weeks since my 2nd Botox and this morning my BM had a tiny bit of hard at the start I mean a thumb nail size was hard and it was a bit uncomfortable then when wiping I realised great my chronic fissure is bleeding again! So I'm back to square one maybe I just need lis. Vicouscycle how was your fissure at 7 weeks?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby berzerker5220 » 17 Jul 2019, 16:18

Is Botux much better than Nitro 0.4% or Nifedipine creams?

Mine reopened today but in my case my stool tip is ALWAYS hard no matter what laxative I use
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 16:35

Aww I'm sorry Missy. I was so happy you had healed. Darn these things. I'm on day 10 and I had some spasms or something last night. I never had that with my fissure, might be from excess gas. After my colonoscopy I feel like I don't even know my body any more. Pain is mostly gone except after BM. That lasts for hours.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Vicouscycle » 17 Jul 2019, 16:40

Missy - I had setback on week 3 and 7. It also felt like it’s ripped again this morning...maybe because the effect of Botox is fading. I hope you recover soon and those spasms don’t return.

Berzerker - personally I think Botox works better than cream. I’ve used all 3 of them.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby berzerker5220 » 17 Jul 2019, 20:14

Vicouscycle wrote:Missy - I had setback on week 3 and 7. It also felt like it’s ripped again this morning...maybe because the effect of Botox is fading. I hope you recover soon and those spasms don’t return.

Berzerker - personally I think Botox works better than cream. I’ve used all 3 of them.

I am thinking of getting Botux, how much more expensive is that process compared to cream?
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 17 Jul 2019, 20:45

Vicouscycle how many weeks post Botox are you now ? How many times have you tried Botox? And what is you next step
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie123 » 18 Jul 2019, 00:11

Oh missy I’m so sorry for you!! I saw my surgeon yesterday. I’m 4 weeks tomorrow. He said mine looks exactly like it should and has everything it needs to heal, even though I still feel pain, spasms. It is half the size and healing well. Honestly though most mornings it feels like it has opened again. He wants to see me in 3 months and said in that time it will slowly heal so looks like we all just have to be super patient although he did say if I have pain/spasm that match pain pre op to call him.
I really hope we all turn a corner soon.
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1