LIS 7/22/2019 Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: LIS 7/22/2019 Diary

Postby jis76 » 25 Jul 2019, 17:35

I tried the unscented baby wipes. My wife got for me a bunch, and I've been using them a little. I find despite not really having anything in them, they seem to sting a little.... maybe just need a bit more time

I'm gonna have to take a look at zinc cream. Thanks for the tip. That's a new one. I do use petroleum jelly sometimes pre bm, but haven't needed to since the surgery :)
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby jis76 » 25 Jul 2019, 17:41

Day 4 PM post:

Doing good. Stinging went away fairly quickly after I posted.

Keeping routine the same, but cut the tylenol out completely, and havent had advil since AM. Dont think I need anything at the moment (I'm 72 hours post procedure).

Still have blood and discharge in the gauze and wondering how much longer I will have that.

I really like not being in pain all 5 to 8 hours of the day... who wouldn't. Hoping to keep this positive trend going in the AM.

I'm traveling tommorow, but only slightly worried about a 4 hour drive. As long as things go like the past 2 days all should be good
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby tightbutt5678 » 25 Jul 2019, 22:17

Awesome to hear this, jis! Recovery sounds like it is going very well.

I didn't have any issues with sitting after my op but I took a special pillow with me if I needed to sit for a while to take the pressure off a bit. If you are able to change sitting position for part of the trip like sitting in the back seat half-lying down that could also help.

I'm sure you'll be fine though :)
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby jis76 » 26 Jul 2019, 05:09

Day 5 AM:

BM same as yesterday, no pain on exit, stinging/burning pain post bm. Not as bad pre LIS!

Poops diameter size are definitely larger but still super soft and not well formed. Gonna take some work to figure out how to get a little more form... perhaps a banana today?

Taking a bath post bm is absolute necessity! Cleaned with the unscented wipes today too, and that was a bit more successful.

Probably over did it yesterday. Ended up mowing. 5 of my lawn, and running a few errands which caused some discomfort in the evening.... nothing the bath and advil couldn't take care of.

Hoping everyone out there continues recovering!
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby jis76 » 27 Jul 2019, 05:25

Day 6 AM:

Had another bowel movement, this was the least painful since the surgery. Stinging afterwards was very mild (1-2 out of 10). There was a lot of blood today though, more than I noticed the last couple times. Cleanup was much easier given the reduction in stinging post bm. The unscented wipes are doing well for that... at this point the bidet still seems a bit harsh.

I hate that it's super stressful each morning before I go wondering what the blood and pain level are going to be like. Given that it's gotten better each day I shouldn't be this stressed.

I jumped right in tub afterwards again... this is a must.

Still have blood and discharge in gauze, and wondering how long I can expect that... also it still seems pretty swollen down there, wondering when that will start to get better.
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 27 Jul 2019, 06:59

Be patient, there is absolutely no reason to be stressed or worried. You need to give it at least 6 weeks to fully heal and expect no more blood. So be happy and try to get back to your life and focus on other things. Leave healing in the hands of your body, you already helped as much as you could now it is his turn.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Tatie » 27 Jul 2019, 08:36

Jis76,

Glad the pain is slowly decreasing ...that is a good sign! It's still early days and your body will need time to heal. When is your post-op appointment ? I see my CRS at two weeks post-op. All is pretty good so far for my recovery. First BM went fine ! A bit of stinging pain but nothing major. We are recovering !:)
Tatie
Salt Bather

Postby jis76 » 27 Jul 2019, 18:51

@Tatie... glad to hear first one went fine! Bit of stinging seems to be the norm. I do feel like I'm on the road to a more permanent recovery!

@Abu -- logically I shouldn't be stressed or worried, but it's hard not to be when your expecting pain on bowel movement, and not so sure what to expect. Each day seems to get a bit better in that area!

Not meeting with the CRS again until 3-4 weeks post-op. I need to make that appointment.

Today was a really good day. I think I am leaking a small amount stool with the blood daily, but it's really fairly minimal. Looking forward to when I don't need the gauze. If that's 1 week, 2 weeks or more it's all good as long as the pain continues decreasing like it has since Monday of the LIS (it's Saturday now) .... I'll be one very happy camper if things keep going this way!
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby jis76 » 28 Jul 2019, 11:41

Day 7

All still going well. Bm today was better formed. Quite a bit of blood, but pain is still way below pre OP. Stinging Pain resolves after sitz bath.

Still super tender down there making It hard to clean. Bidet is still a bit much to be squirting around so I dab with unscented wipes.

Still using gause to capture blood, and a small.amount of discharge (appears to be mucus, mixed with a bit of stool).

Anyone know when to expect I wont need the gauze any longer?????
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby jis76 » 29 Jul 2019, 09:43

1 week post LISl

The good today: really well formed stool, and no blood on bm! I did a 2.5 mile walk yesterday along the beach and even went in the water for a bit.

The bad today: I have a lump just outside my anus. It's about pea sized. I took a picture and it looks to have a pus filled end. It's a bit more painful/discomfort the past week, but still much better than pre OP. More of a dull achy feeling there when I sit on it wrong. Not bad pain wise at all.

Of course worrying got me to, is this an abcess, infection or something.... although if you do a search for lump in this board, you'll see others had this post Lis.... will try to call doc office tommorow to get some clarity.
jis76
Salt Bather