The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Progress is so slow just wanted reassurance

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Postby davminos » 26 Sep 2019, 23:23

Best wishes to you as well, SueMac!!
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 10 Oct 2019, 13:23

How are things Davison’s? Still good?
I’ve relapsed!!! I was pain free then I had this difficult drive, sitting upsets my sciatica which seems to trigger off the anal pain. It’s a nerve thing I think. I’ve been to see my pt therapist. She thinks it’s in my back and the nerve that runs all the way down is irritated. I’m sure irritated anyway .
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby davminos » 29 Oct 2019, 12:27

I've been doing well, thanks, but very sorry to hear about your relapse. Have been dealing with a stomach bug which has taken me off my routine, so hoping don't have another relapse. Interesting you mentioned sciatica -- i've been having a similar problem recently. Hoping you are feeling better.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 29 Oct 2019, 14:18

Thanks! I’m around the same unfortunately, sciatica still there and it stops me sleeping, but last night was a bit better so maybe it’s settling down, the soreness in the rectal area is better though thanks, what brings sciatica on for you?
I hope your bug is better and didn’t cause further hassle.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 24 Nov 2019, 13:17

It has been a while since I checked, I'm not sure if you're still checking, but hope you are feeling better. It is such a struggle to ensure proper bowel movements each day that even when I think I'm doing all the right things with fiber then I go too often and it irritates the whole area. I believe the sciatica was brought on by sitting with my laptop desk with my legs outstretched on the hassock over these years and it's simply tightened up the whole area. it has been 3 months and I'm finally finding relief with different exercises and going to a weekly massage therapist. But it's still a struggle to find proper relief for the anal area. I don't think I've opened up the fissure again but it gets sore with over wiping. I haven't had any of that razor blade pain so that's a good sign and I should just be content with some discomfort periodically. The best I can and I hope you are as well. I just want to go back to the time when I went once or twice in the morning, but that was many years ago, the past few years I seem to go too often which only irritates the area. I've lost about 25 pounds since last June and find that's the best way: eat as little as possible to avoid going to the bathroom that often. However I'm not always successful, usually when I eat well the next day means going to the bathroom quite a bit which irritates the whole area sometimes causing surface blood from microtears from over cleaning.
davminos
Salt Bather

Anal pain

Postby davminos » 30 Dec 2019, 14:25

I've been struggling off and on with anal pain which I think was a fissure, but not the same one. Even though the anterior anal area where the initial fissure happened still gets sore. On top of that, feels like a small hemorrhoid in posterior anal area has emerged over the last week. Been using the nidephene for the past several weeks now and that does seem to help for the fissure. My question is does anyone have any experience with using the nidephene for hemorrhoids?
Does it help hemorrhoids or is it only for fissures? I also find putting a little vaseline up there before bowel movement helps tremendously. Lastly, will the area of the healed fissure always be sore?

Thanks to anyone who can share their experiences on these questions and offer any answers. My CRS doesn't seem to be very helpful. Feeling sore most of the time for the past month I'm getting so tired of it. Especially when everything was going so well for several months.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 31 Dec 2019, 13:28

Hi good to hear from you! Did the sciatica settle down for you? I’m still
having issues with sciatica in the buttock on same side as my anal soreness.
My CRS was same with me he said there is an old fissure site which may cause soreness! Thus I appreciate is not life threatening but it does affect my life daily. I’m sorry I cannot help with question about the cream as I have not used that one myself.
I find it very upsetting at the thought of constant soreness from healed anal area as I’m sure you must do.
My GP has put me on amitripyline 50mg for my pain (sciatica and anal) I have only been on this dose for 11 days and it can take up to six weeks to work for pain. I may also be able increase the dose. I really hope this will help as I need some respite from daily pain now.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 31 Dec 2019, 14:47

It's good to hear from you as well Suemac. I'm very sorry that you continue to struggle with both sciatica and anal pain. I've been going to a massage therapist for the past 4 months and that has worked wonders on the tightness of the muscles from the lower back down to the calf. It seems the piriformis, gluteus, and hamstring muscles are extremely tight and they need to be relaxed. It seems one thing can't spasm they all have to spasm. Was probably from years of incorrect sitting and then it finally seized up. It's much better but it's slow going.

Fissure seems to be abating but now I have a hemorrhoid and the posterior area that is sore. How this happened is beyond me as I have a high fiber diet I'm go too often as it is. Even though I have a high fiber diet sometimes the stools seem to be dry coming through so that's probably what irritated the hemorrhoid. I'm using the nifedipine to keep the area loose enough to continue the healing of the fissure and if it numbs the hemorrhoid then all the better.

I actually decided to cut back on the fiber. I was eating a bowl of high-fiber cereal with a cup of raspberries and blueberries along with whole grain toast and either an egg or avocado spread on it. I would also sprinkle about a tablespoon or so of olive oil on the toast. I usually did not eat lunch but would have an apple or orange. I used to have yogurt daily but that didn't seem to do anything so I stop that. My supper is usually a vegetable soup of some kind with other greens or vegetables if not the soup. The protein source for supper is usually chicken or some kind of fish. But this flare-up started several weeks ago after eating lentil vegetable soup over a couple of days and that created many runs to the bathroom which meant wiping was a huge problem and that caused this flare-up of both fissure and apparently hemorrhoid. If I could only go once or twice in the morning it would be golden, but I seem to go at least three times in the morning and once or twice later in the afternoon evening. Way too much activity down there and I believe that's a big part of the problem. However I've always gone a lot. I'm doing my best to eat as little as possible but that is not always easy.

My former CRS, I had a lot of confidence in and was very helpful, has relocated and I have a new CRS. This new guy doesn't even have that little white tube with the camera to scope the area in the office. And all he can say to me is I should not be going so much but make sure I have plenty of fiber. And when I tell him what I eat he says i have plenty of fiber. And that I just have to figure out a balance which is very true of course. things have been going so well for several months I thought I had figured out the balance. Once this flare-up passes and I have to assume it will eventually pass or else I'll get extremely depressed. Once it passes though I'm definitely not eating vegetable lentil soup ever again.

If it wasn't for the hemorrhoid right now I'd be golden. Just hope it passes in the next week or so and calms down. I find using the Vaseline at each bm very helpful. it would be nice not to have to think about these things and just do our biological functions but apparently the medical profession hasn't figured out how to heal these maladies without painful complications for most people.

You may want to think about a licensed massage therapist for your sciatica. Mine was not the nerves but all the muscle spasms so it has helped me but I'm not sure what could be done if it's the nerve itself. Each morning I start with an ice pack in the upper bum area where the piriformis muscle is and that seems to help a great deal. When it was really sore I would use a heating pad on that area later in the day.

I'm not sure what the future holds but I do hope with all the proper diet and application of heat and use of this nidephene did I'll get some more relief in the next week or two. I hope your regimen provide you with some relief as well because we simply cannot continue with this daily pain.

Interesting that back in October my GP did a full digital exam and there was no fissure and no problem. But a month later eating the wrong thing which I thought was the right thing starts off a month-long problem.

Some days I just don't know what to do anymore. I think I'm doing the right thing and then I go too often and wiping becomes an issue and the whole area is sore all day long, which is been going on for the past couple weeks. Some incremental improvement the past couple days so we'll see what happens. Best wishes and good luck for a healthy and more comfortable New Year!
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 06 Jan 2020, 09:52

Hi wow you have such a good diet definitely enough fibre. I think you are right in that the multiple bm are causing aggravation to the hemhorroid problem so I agree cut back on the fibre and see how it goes.
I’m glad your sciatica is better. I am
Much better and this is due to a drug I am taking called amitripyline. It take a few weeks to work and I can happily say it is now working. My deep buttock sciatic is time better I can train at the gym properly for the first time in over a year the post bm soreness is much better too. I am not keen on using this long term but hoping I can at some point wean off slowly and with idea pain “forgets” to be there and stays away .
Keep me posted on your progress .really good no fissure was found at your last exam. I think this area of our bodies can get very overprotective and guarded and pain persists long after the original issue had healed or got better.
Happy new year to you!
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 28 Jan 2020, 23:58

Glad to hear you are doing well!! I've been doing very well for the past several weeks seem to have found a balance and just hope to continue forward pain free. Instead of a bowl of cereal in the mornings I just have two tablespoons with a cup of fruit what's a high-fiber toast and either a avocado or an egg. I no longer eat as much salad and that seems to be the best thing for me. I have a steady diet of vegetables with a protein every night and happens eating very moderately. Also have been trying to daily walks of at least 50 minutes and when I can't get out there everyday, still try at least 3 to 4 times a week. No longer going to the bathroom so often and that helps tremendously. Hope you continue to do well.
davminos
Salt Bather