External Hemorrhoidectomy & LIS recovery

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: External Hemorrhoidectomy & LIS recovery

Postby Flaneur » 04 Nov 2019, 05:51

Mon 4/11. Day 11. Not much change today. BM within an hour if waking and so much stinging afterwards. It's like a burning sting, and about 5/10 plan wise. Retractable shower head helps, i think. As does a warm bath afterwards. I did the school run today for the first time and then went to the doctor. All healing well, although she said there's a couple of spots not healed yet. She could see a little thrombosis but didn't seem concerned. Said to put nothing on it all, but I'm going to continue the routine I have. Spent 3 hours in and out of the car, so pretty sore tonight (constant stinging). Warm salt bath again. I probably could have returned to work today, but I'm so glad I have another week off to lie around and just recover. Tonight was ibuprofen, movicol and half a coloxyl. Only one BM today so I'm hoping to replicate that tomorrow
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby tight80 » 04 Nov 2019, 17:15

Glad you get another week to heal and rest, Flaneur. I went back to work 18 days after surgery and had a difficult time sitting for so long at the office. My advice is not to push yourself too hard early on because I definitely noticed a slowing in my healing when I overdid it. Taking the extra time will do your body good : )
tight80
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Flaneur » 06 Nov 2019, 04:44

Tue 5/11. day 11. BM a bit harder this morning and left me feeling like there was more there. So probably movicol and one coloxyl is my happy medium for now. Same stinging pain afterwards. Realised I have minimal wound discharge and have had no blood for a few days, even on BM. Had to have two short drives today. Painful to sit, like I can feel the wounds opening as I put pressure on them. Overall, a good day, sitting dor a bit longer on soft chairs, although i have to sit sideways after a minute or two to relieve the pressure on the wounds. Even feeling a bit guilty for not being at work. I've been eating a little bit more, but the chocolate milkshake yesterday was a dumb idea, so I need to watch what I'm consuming. I've lost 2kg over 12 days, which is a bonus. Would be nice to keep it off. Bedtime had 1 movicol and 2 coloxyl to balance out today's efforts.

Wed 6/11. Day 12. Woke and had a BM within about 5 minutes. First bit felt more formed and hard. When I looked down at the end of it all, there was blood in the bowl and a couple of drops of blood fell in as I watched. Damnit. After feeling so good yesterday, this happens. I cleaned up (my routine is first wipe carefully with soft TP a couple of times, then a warn wet washer, then shower with moveable shower nozzle, then warm salt bath- a thirty second BM takes me 15 minutes to clean up). Had a look with the mirror. All very red and a bit swollen around the incisions, but i did just have a hot bath. The little thrombosis on the wound at 6oclock looks less dark now, so hopefully that means it's resolving. Got the kids off to school then did some work that the office has been asking for. Managed to lie down for about an hour and a half after that. Second BM at 1245 with no blood, so not sure what happened this morning. Maybe the harder bit of BM stretched the wounds too much. Same pain after second BM. Cleaned with TP and washer then into the bath. Trying to limit the bath to just 10 mins now in case it's not helping the healing. Ok afternoon, just trying to rest before I have to go back to work. Only putting coconut oil and aloe on now in the hope the studies are right and it helps healing.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11