2 years since LIS considering it again?

Having the LIS twice

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 years since LIS considering it again?

Postby Becka456 » 29 Dec 2019, 13:38

So I had the LIS surgery for a chronic fissure 2 years ago after 18 months of agony! It’s was the best thing I did especially after Botox 4 times with no luck, apart from occasional hemorrhoids due to ibs and hormones I’ve never had a problem until now, I went on the depo shot due to suspected endeometrosis and my bowels have been playing up majorly, I now have a hemorrhoid with a cut on it that won’t budge and it’s so painful I’m pretty sure I have another fissure inside that the doctors can’t see, I’m considering having the LIS again as my anul spinchter is so tight and I’m fed up of going through this, unfortunately my consultant is busy until March and I’m in agony, anyone experienced the same or had the surgery twice for that reason?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: 2 years since LIS considering it again?

Postby North West Jen » 31 Dec 2019, 02:04

Hello!
I’m scheduled for LIS on January 27th. I’ve read a lot on this forum and a second LIS is not uncommon, especially if your tight. How long have you had this new fissure? Did an experienced CRS diagnosis you as being tight? Maybe your first LIS cut was a little conservative and that’s why your still tight.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: 2 years since LIS considering it again?

Postby Becka456 » 31 Dec 2019, 06:09

I’m not even sure I have a fissure, I have a hemorrhoid with a cut on it that is so painful and won’t budge been a month now but I feel sore inside too, my anul tone was very high/tight which was found before I had the LIS as they did lots of different tests first, I feel like my stools have difficulty coming out because of it, I’m waiting for an appointment to see my consultant again and I’m considering asking for more to be cut
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?