Fissure - 5 months in

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: NEWBIE

Postby Coconutoil » 18 Apr 2020, 17:42

Hi I’ve been on this website for weeks and finally became a member after reading your story. It sounds similar to mine. I’ve had internal hemorrhoids for years and just recently developed a fissure from suppositories! Which causes so much more pain. Just wanted an update on how you feel? Did yours shrink and stop bleeding? I can’t imagine that day for me. I’ve had bleeding for about 2 months now. Thanks!
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Postby flax » 19 Apr 2020, 04:12

Hi - I know exactly how you feel with being unable to imagine it ever going away. (but it will :) !!) . The worst part for me was knowing that I created the fissure myself with the suppository, and that I'd caused myself months of something avoidable! :( Have you been to the doctor? Are you taking any lactulose/miralax? Do you think you are constipated/are you having to strain when you go to the bathroom? If you don't think you're straining or constipated and you're still bleeding after 2 months I would say ask your doctor to double check the cause of the bleeding just to be sure. Or if you are straining/having hard bm's and not yet using any kind of stool softener try this for a week and see if it helps.

It's been about 6-7 weeks since my last post and everything is still going well, I'm trying my best to keep up with lots of water, oats with chia seeds etc just to try balance everything.

I had one tiny issue about 3 weeks ago - I came to the end of my lactulose bottle and I had gotten down to taking only 10ml before bed. I thought "maybe I can just stop this now". And after just 2 days without it the bm was super hard and due to a bit of staining I caused a very small bit of bleeding (but no pain). I decided that for now, until I stop breastfeeding I need to continue the lactulose then trial stopping it again later down the line. Other than that I would say I am still fully healed from the fissure. The small tag I had at the end of the fissure has shrunk (now the size of a chia seed) so not really noticeable.

You will heal and you will get there - 1 day at a time. <3
flax
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Coconutoil » 24 Apr 2020, 16:36

Thanks so much for responding so fast. I’ve typed everything out a couple days ago and it wouldn’t let me post. So hopefully this works.... so I haven’t been to a doctor. I’m scared of how painful an examine would go but by May 1st I plan to go if I’m not better by then. I take magnesium every night to make my stool soft. I haven’t had to strain for weeks now. Ive been eating super clean as well. Oats like you and no junk. Ton of water. The bleeding is light an it’s right where my skin tag is. Thanks for the encouraging words. Some days I’m so confident I’ll get better and then other days I’m down on myself because I’m not better yet. Was there a cream that you put on that helped you with healing? Thanks for your help. It’s tough when there’s no one to talk to about this.
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Postby Coconutoil » 22 May 2020, 19:45

I have a question if you’re still around lol...My figure has healed a lot. But during your healing process did you notice pain from your skin tag? That’s the only area I’m getting pain after bm’s and a tiny amount of bleeding. Did that ever go away for you?
Coconutoil
Salt Bather