My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby missy moo » 18 May 2020, 06:26

Hey viciouscycle that was exactly like me my fissure was gone without any treatment during pregnancy It was gone from about 4 months onwards which shows its a tight problem because during pregnancy all our muscles and joints are lossened so we can stretch and grow lol my fissure came back at about 6weeks after baby was born then I had botox 50 mils for the first time when he was about 1 then I had my second dose when he was about 2 but the doctor upped the dose to 100mils or maybe its mgs I don't know lol but anyway he hyst turned 3 and life has been great since about 3 months after my second dose there's are all around about time frames but I'm happy now I still drink 1.5 - 2 ltrs of water a day an still take 1 sachet of molaxol sometime 2 if I've eaten bad I pretty much eat what ever I want again but I will get backed up an the fear cones back and its a bit uncomfortable but I get onto it straight away and I don't push I go everyday sometime twice I don't go over the limits with bad foods like I won't eat tons on it or have it too many days in a row. Congratulations on baby an botox I hope it heals you up fast because its hard having a new born and a fissure my fissure first started after my first born an he was only 1 week old it was terrible that was 6 years ago I struggled with the fissure for 4 years and two kids so I understand. Best wishes hun you got this strong momma xx
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 18 May 2020, 10:03

Thanks Missy. Botox was okay yesterday and I hope the effect kicks in soon! I might talk to my surgeon about a higher dose if it doesn’t heal this time.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby SueMac » 18 May 2020, 10:15

Congratulations hope all is well with your little one.
I’m really sorry to hear that the fissure is playing up again and especially when you have a newborn to look after. I’m hoping the Botox brings much needed relief.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 12 Aug 2020, 15:47

Hi everyone I'm back on here because my fissure is playing up that horrible slicing feeling during bm just started yesterday and it's the same old chronic fissure that I had botox for twice. I'm currently 12wks pregnant an I got a tad backed up but definitely not enough to retear this stupid fissure but here we are.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 14 Aug 2020, 11:40

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Sorry to hear the fissure is back. Have you spoken to anyone in the medical profession yet?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 14 Aug 2020, 14:39

Thank you. I've had botox twice if that's what you mean I know I've mentioned it but you mite of forgotten. Or do you mean with this latest step backwards? It's annoying because I can't help but get a lil constipated I'm pregnant but even if I wasn't pregnant no one can have a perfect bm 1 or 2 times a day it's impossible and I've been told this by many doctors so what cures it? It needs to be something that allows for the odd day of bad bm!
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Suffering2long » 15 Aug 2020, 04:34

Hi, I just wanted to chime in. I am in a similar situation to you missy moo. I have never posted before but been reading for years. I’ve been dealing with a nasty fissure for more than 4 years. Tried absolutely everything. Had Botox 3 times. It works for the 3 or so months but wears off and the problem comes back even though I rarely have firm stool due to softeners etc. My CRS just doesn’t believe in LIS for women. (I’ve had 3 children..Youngest is 13). This latest flare up is particularly bad. I’ve made an appointment for Monday to see a new surgeon. I have my fingers crossed he offers me LIS. I will seek out someone else if he doesn’t because I’m at the end of my rope with this thing! I have truely suffered as many others have.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 15 Aug 2020, 18:04

Hi suffering2long that's for jumping in the more people the better I'm sorry we all have this horror in common though. Please let us know how your appointment goes. It's weird that no one will do lis when it's the gold standard across the world its very successful I'm truely considering it if my 3rd an last botox doesn't work I'll get lis no more mucking around life is for living we gotta do something more some people just don't heal alone and after a few years there's like 0 chance of healing it by ourselves because something out of our control is making it reoccur time and time again it's a constant Battle for years. The amount of people have said its mentally damaged them more then anything else is very sad and I can definitely relate. We're in this together I hope the offer lis because you've run out of options. Keep me updated. Were in the world do you live? I'm in New Zealand.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Suffering2long » 15 Aug 2020, 18:37

Thanks for replying. I will post an update after my appointment as I know these posts can help others. It is so so mentally draining and it affects your time with family, friends and work. I actually left my job because I just couldn’t cope. I don’t understand the reluctance to perform LIS by some doctors. My previous CRS’s words were “you just have a tricky bum, take laxatives long term, you’ll be back for more Botox unfortunately”.. That is no solution to me! Not when surgery has over 90% chance of healing. I’m in Australia (south of Sydney)..I’ve heard of surgeons in other parts of Aus successfully performing LIS, but COVID doesn’t allow me to travel interstate to seek treatment.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2020, 14:25

I had a feeling you were close to home. Dam this covid alright Auckland City is locked down and that's were I'll get lis done in future so lucky I'm not trying to get it done now because no one can come or go into Auckland. Surgeons are worried that as 70 year old we mite poop our pants an it MITE reck our aged lives! Ok so the better option is reck our youth lives 20s 30s 40s 50s while we should be being social active out going living it up we should suffer now so we can be old an happy! That makes no sence. Because if we don't fix the problem now we mite still have these dam things in our 70s anyway and mite be aged an at home in pain I'd rather be 70 an poop my pants then 70 in pain hell at 1 point I wanted a poop bag thingy can't remember what they are called but I had completely given up on my bum an wanted to stop using it all together that's pretty bad I was like 28 at the time what a way for a 28 year old to think an what pain an hell must have been going on to feel that way it has been a long hard road 7 years. I'd rather enjoy my whole life then maybe as a downfall have some accidents as an older person once I've retired.
missy moo
King Fissure