My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My Botox Diary

Postby Suffering2long » 17 Aug 2020, 05:41

Completely agree with everything you’ve mentioned missy moo. I have posted a new topic with my appointment results from today. In short, I’ll be looking for someone else who actually listens and has a better bedside manner :( what a waste of time today was!
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 17 Aug 2020, 15:25

I'm so sorry I hate it when that happens I've waited months in the waiting list only to have that experience it's not cool at all so heart breaking I completely understand your pain I've spoken to some surgeons who are anti lis an 1 who said it's the only real fix come back back when your ready but you gotta take the risks. It's mentally crushing they don't understand that an we come to them crying for help an they drop us with shit like it's to risky you'll end up pooping your pants in public have you tried drinking water!!! :evil: we've tried everything they are missing the point it's out of our control something lil happens an it sets us back it's not dam normal there are so many lil things that can set us back an sometimes it seems so random. They started lis so many years ago and it's so successful an is still the main go to fix but somehow they think we care more about our apparence then out qulity of life I'll choose the dam diapers thanks I'll take that risk give me your best surgeon an let's do this. I hope we all get there an have our happiness and lives back. :hugs:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 17 Aug 2020, 16:25

New updates:
It’s been 13wks since my last Botox and I know it didn’t fix my problem. I’m willing to give it one last try. I cancelled my 12wks post op appointment due to this COVID thing, I’m in Melbourne so I’d rather Stay home. Last time I spoke to my surgeon, she did say we can up botox unit next time if she thinks it’s appropriate. We’ve talked about LIS and I think she’ll offer if that’s what I want.
Sufering2long, did you go private? I can ask my doc if she can recommend someone who does LIS for women in Sydney.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Suffering2long » 17 Aug 2020, 17:36

Viciouscycle: I hope you’re ok in Melbourne..not a great place to be when you have a health issue. yes I’m private. I would love you to ask her that! Thank you so much. I found a group of Sydney surgeons that I will call today to ask about LIS. Not sure if the receptionist will tell me over the phone though.
Missy moo: What you say makes total sense. I went away from that appointment with no hope yesterday. You are an angel and made me feel so much better. Thank you. :smilyhug: I am willing to risk LIS to move on with my life. I think because the Botox works short term that I do have a tight sphincter. Not sure. I would get a colostomy bag if you asked me on my worst days! Today I feel a bit better but I know I’m only one large stool away from more pain and bleeding.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 17 Aug 2020, 23:45

Vicouscycle and suffering2long since botox works for all of us short term we must all need lis for a long term fix. Vicouscycle I had 50mil botox for my first round then 100mil for my second round and the 100mil helped so much more for so much longer the surgeon said that since the 50mil helped the 100mil would help more an he was right he also said most people who don't heal from the 50mil go on the heal from the 100mil an if the don't those are the ones that get lis but that I can get botox as many times as I want. Your welcome suffering2long know your not alone. Your lucky that your in Sydney there must be alot of good surgeons there. I'm in Nz so not sure how many good surgeons we have I'm not going private either it's so expensive although I got get a loan I know going private would make me feel so much better like they gotta fix me if I'm paying them 10k. They must have to have follow ups for a year to track their work an your progress well I would hope when paying that's what happens.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 18 Aug 2020, 04:47

Hi missy - I meant this most recent setback. I know you've had treatment in the past. I know how you feel about not caring if you are incontinent later. Your life now if important and that is only a risk it's not a definite of major issues like that happening down the line.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 18 Aug 2020, 05:46

Suemac yes that's right an mostly the risk if passing gas in public or have partial mistakes or some leakage not full soil even as an older person so I don't know why they don't value our current life when the rusk isn't that great anyway. I guess it's because they don't know how bad it truly is an how much it interrupts every bit of our lives. In nz we do a cheak list of how impacting the issue is on all areas of life we fill in the cheak list in the waiting room waiting to see the surgeon it has questions like does the issues stop you from doing normal actives with friends and family not at all, sometimes, often, or most of the time. I don't know if you guys do these check lists but they help the surgeon see how it is effecting your life there's about 15 questions. I wonder if we need to be really honest about everything an all the parts of outlr lives effected. Gosh were would we start.
Last edited by missy moo on 19 Aug 2020, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 19 Aug 2020, 09:13

Yeah I’m totally with you missy. I don’t know if they have this list in uk as not g hg as surgery, only an investigation which did not come with risks as was sedated not general anaesthetic and no surgery done.
It’s frustrating , how are you this week any better any worse?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 19 Aug 2020, 15:19

I'm going ok pain-free bms 4th day in a row I'm grateful but I also can't live a life on egg shells wondering every morning that I wake up is this the day I get a setback. My setbacks really are at random times I really hope i don't have anymore setbacks for a long time so I can enjoy this pregnancy I'm 13wks an just don't need to be having a fissure while pregnant it's really frustrating it's like just leave me alone for a little bit thats all I ask. Give me a break so I can just be pregnant.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vicouscycle » 19 Aug 2020, 15:57

My fissure was bad up to about 20wks, then all of a sudden, it stopped. Doc said it was because of all the progesterone produced to prepare for labor which relaxes our muscle. It came back about 1wk after my caesarean...then I had Botox done 6wks post caesarean. Hope this helps
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2