Hello

I'm new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello

Postby Lynn » 02 Sep 2020, 06:29

Good morning,

Happy to be part of this support group. I've been dealing with Anal Fistula that started out as anal abscess since Feb of this year. I think it was stress induced as I was handling 5 major stressers all at the same time during that time. Due to Covid, I delayed my appointment to see a CRS until 5 months later, and got the most discouraging news that I had a fistula that needed surgical intervention. I've had 3 active (drainage on the outside) fistulas since being diagnosed and they've all been weeks apart. I have so many questions and need so much love and support as my family doesn't understand it and it's such an embarrassing topic to talk about. My mom is 74 and needs to take care of her own health, my dad passed away in Feb this year, so I'd hate to put pressure on my mom, but she's been the only person I've been able to share this with. I'm happy there are people dealing with this so I don't feel alone as I'm on the road to figuring out whether to go through treatment or continue with home remedy and diet and lifestyle change to keep infections at bay. Thanks so much for allowing me to introduce myself, hope you all have a wonderful day. :thankyou:
Lynn

Topics: 1

Re: Hello

Postby chachacha » 02 Sep 2020, 10:44

Sorry to hear that you've been having so many difficulties this year. At least you're now under the care of a CRS and hopefully his/her treatment will be very effective. I've not had a fistula myself, but hopefully, other members will respond with encouragement on that front, and you can also check out the rest of our site for more information on the topic and read all about the success other members have had. Welcome.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19