Botox Again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Again

Postby missy moo » 05 Feb 2021, 13:24

Thanks suemac it means alot. Im trying to stay positive an think positively about the birth an afterwards. I'll make contact sometime after I've had my baby take care till then :hugs:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SueMac » 05 Feb 2021, 14:04

Aw it’s been a long journey and I hope we are coming out the other end now.
I’m hoping you are so immersed in your new bundle of joy you don’t have time for the fissure in your life any longer.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Rich44 » 07 Feb 2021, 23:43

Sounds like things might be better for you. I will just say that my CRS simply said I could do Botox which would help for 9 months and then I'd be right back where I was. LIS was the way to go and it solved everything.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SueMac » 08 Feb 2021, 06:45

That’s great Rich.I guess different things with for different people.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 12 Mar 2021, 20:13

Im back baby is 2 wks old, when he was 1wk old i haemorrhaged and lost 3ltrs of blood and was also given 3units of blood because i couldn't stand from to low blood volume an low blood pressure l, im now recovering from that but since i had to fast before surgery for like 40hrs no food bo water i got terribly dehydrated an became constipated as a result i had 1 hard large bm that must have been anything ab everything left in my system while fasring so it all just dried up an slowed down. It was a very painfull bm which happened 5 days ago ever since then I've had soft bms but still very sore today was the worse i haven't had painful bms like this since after having my last son 4 years ago. So botox hasn't helped me out with this setback it makes me wonder if lis would of helped me bounce back from this setback faster an sooner. Im so over it all i could of died it was a terrible experience and now im finally getting back in my feet this fissure wants to hold me down. :cry: why!? Thats all i want to know.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Suffering2long » 13 Mar 2021, 00:26

Congrats on the arrival of your baby Missy Moo..that’s terrible that you lost so much blood! I’m sorry that you have had a setback as well.
I don’t have any answers as to why this is happening as I’ve asked myself the same.
I’m due to have an advancement flap on Tuesday. Whilst I’m not looking forward to it at all, I’m just done with this thing! It’s taken me a long time to get to this. Some days I feel healed and question surgery but the next day or so everything hurts bad again!
I have experienced incontinence with my last round of Botox and it was worse than the fissure itself! Hard to believe anything could be worse than a raging fissure. I wouldn’t want to go through it again so CRS and I chose the flap route.
Hopefully you can get to a surgeon when the time is right to finally fix your pain
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2021, 18:12

Thanks suffering2long I've heard the lis is better then the flap. Is there a reason your surgeon wants to do a flap over lis?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Suffering2long » 14 Mar 2021, 00:17

She really thinks I’m at a high risk for incontinence having had three vaginal births. I’ve been told that by another highly regarded surgeon before as well.
The flap has very good results from the studies I’ve read. I do know that it is a longer recovery though. I’ve also noticed on the forums here that even with Lis, there’s a chance it can come back. I guess there’s no guarantee either way.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 14 Mar 2021, 01:14

Yeah fair enough. Im so upset right now I've done 3 bms today and its now 7pm im in so much pain each day its been getting worse even when I've had soft bms. This is going to push me into postnatal depression im done feel like just breaking down everyone can only take so much. I feel like just sleeping my life away i dont want to do another 7.5 years like this. I have a 2wk old am i never aloud to enjoy any of my baby's this is my last baby my 3rd an last. First baby i got the fissure 2nd i had repeated mastitis for 9wks an had major anxiety because of the mastitis which turned into panic attacks plus the fissure, now 3rd baby haemorrhaged an fissure how does one make it though all this alive! Ive never been left alone to enjoy any of my babys. :sadd:
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Suffering2long » 14 Mar 2021, 02:44

I really feel for you Missy. It is so unfair!
I’ve had anxiety and depression with this too, but never had to look after babies with it. Please don’t give up. There is always a solution, you just have to keep asking for help. I hope you can make an appointment ASAP. Surely the doctor would see the urgency to get this sorted out.
Remember you aren’t alone in this. There are so many sufferers. The doctors are there to help.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist