Chronic Fissure 10 years on

Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Chronic Fissure 10 years on

Postby CAF10 » 18 Apr 2021, 17:05

New member. Suffered from a fissure now for about 10 years. It’s totally changed my bathroom habits. I have learned a lot of coping tools but nothing has seemed to fend off the the problem. After a lot of research I have decided to seek medical attention. Obviously I have had reluctance to see doctors in the past. I wonder if people have advice/ stories of success taking the plunge towards surgery? I always hoped it would sort itself out. I should have had it looked at years ago. It flairs up with just enough time in between events to keep me from taking the steps I need. Now I have noticed that when it flairs up it’s much more painful and lasting, several days to a week. I believe that the swelling makes my BMs seem as if I am constipated when in reality it’s just a restriction issue. I suppose surgery is inevitable, just worried about recovery. I am 36, healthy, physically fit. I hope down time is limited.

Any advice much welcomed.

Thanks
CAF10

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic Fissure 10 years on

Postby Dnank » 19 Apr 2021, 09:55

I suffered with it for about 5 years and finally had the surgery. Wish I would have done it 4-1/2 years sooner.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 15 Jun 2021, 22:47

I've had my af for nearly 8 years had botox twice didn't work long term so now thinking about surgery.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PuppyFace » 02 Sep 2021, 10:40

My fissure started in 2012 following surgery totally unrelated to my fissure. Upon recovery from from this surgery I was released from the hospital and several days later I still didn't have a BM. When I finally had one my fissure occurred and I have been living with it these past 10 years. I am so frustrated. I hope someone on this forum can relate. My choices appear to be surgically based and this worries me.Has anyone on this forum been successful healing their fissure?
PuppyFace

Postby missy moo » 05 Sep 2021, 02:59

Puppyface some or few have healed with botox and many have healed from lis surgery. Are you male or female? Im female 32 and I've had 3 children which makes lis abit more risky for me.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 05 Sep 2021, 03:02

Dnank and caf10 are you nale or female? Any children? If your male then lis is a perfect option if i was male i would of already had lis surgery but since I'm a female plus have had kids I'm considered higher risk for incontinence.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Dnank » 07 Sep 2021, 13:00

Male. Didn't realize there was more risk if incontinence for women. I didn't have any problem with that. Good luck.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4