My recent story

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My recent story

Postby Worstyear » 25 Oct 2021, 10:35

Yes, I'm 1.55 cm and weighted 62 kilos, and now in just 2 weeks I dropped to 57.
I was worried then but it stucked there. Probably is my natural weight.
I think I was taking too much wine (i started to drink a glass a day during 2020 lockdown) and cutting alcohol and eating fiber made me go down.

Btw I do my weekly permits like mcdonalds or ice cream or pizza. I just try to drink a massive amount of fluids when i do that and go back to soup the day next lol.

Btw Im from Argentina, we are currently without lockdown (we have to wear masks and be very careful in closed spaces but cases dropped to a very low number after the massive vaccination and summer) (sorry for my english also haha)
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Camry » 25 Oct 2021, 18:55

I totally agree. We cannot deprive ourselves not eating what we like. There will always be a cheat day hahhahahahahaha.
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Worstyear » 01 Nov 2021, 11:30

Hello! I just want to share a little update.
Already on almost week 2 of second round gnt. Last week I felt like a liiiiiiitle bit better because I didnt have to take ibuprofen the entire week. But last two days went a little off track with the amount of coffee and water and got harder bms. I didnt tore back the fissure (I think) because it hurts but just the same amount it has been for the last months (like 3/10) afterwards.
I think I'm stuck on this healing stage. Im reducing gluten and coffee and increasing water just to be safe.
I think I touched the fissure on saturday and it felt rough, like when you hurt the skin and starts to form the scar. I just dont know if it was the scar, I'm really afraid to look.
Just took a 400mg dose of ibuprofen and using a lot my heat pad.
I think I might be a little down and hypersensitive because menstruation is coming so, I just want to be positive and distract like last week.

Camry, Missy, how are you?
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Postby Camry » 01 Nov 2021, 12:32

Worstyear wrote:Hello! I just want to share a little update.
Already on almost week 2 of second round gnt. Last week I felt like a liiiiiiitle bit better because I didnt have to take ibuprofen the entire week. But last two days went a little off track with the amount of coffee and water and got harder bms. I didnt tore back the fissure (I think) because it hurts but just the same amount it has been for the last months (like 3/10) afterwards.
I think I'm stuck on this healing stage. Im reducing gluten and coffee and increasing water just to be safe.
I think I touched the fissure on saturday and it felt rough, like when you hurt the skin and starts to form the scar. I just dont know if it was the scar, I'm really afraid to look.
Just took a 400mg dose of ibuprofen and using a lot my heat pad.
I think I might be a little down and hypersensitive because menstruation is coming so, I just want to be positive and distract like last week.

Camry, Missy, how are you?

Still the same…
Spasm after bm that would last for hours. Taking paracetamol if pain is untolerable. Its weird cause your butt throbs sometimes too. Would you consider that spasms???
Went to my crs last week and he confirmed it was anal fissure. It became more sore when he did the finger exam ouchy! Sphincter was a bit tight according to him. He asked me if i was stressed and i said definitely. Am an anxious person i told him. How can i loosen tight sphincter i asked him and he said do yoga. I do exercise i told him but he said yoga is different. I guess this has something to do with our pelvic muscles down there.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby HENRY22 » 03 Nov 2021, 16:20

Hello Worst Year. How are things going for you? I just joined the forum due to my own miseries and battles with hemorrhoids and a fissure. I can completely relate to your story although I am a 55 year old man. I get the "burn" about an hour after a BM and try sitz baths which seem to work very temporarily. My own issue has gotten completely out of hand though because I now have OCD about keeping my butt clean. I have to see a psychiatrist this Friday because I am not checking and cleaning my rectum about 20 times a day which I am sure is just irritating the area further but I can't stop myself. My life has turned into a living hell. That lady who posts here, Missy Moo, suggested a Vaseline treatment that I am going to begin this evening. I am so exhausted dealing with this issue. It has been two months straight of pain, discomfort, anxiety. It's like a loop that just goes around and around. I too was told by my doctor that I had "closed" the fissure. Only for the stinging and pain to return a few weeks later. Now I am scared to go back only to be told that it has re-opened. When does this ride end? Again, thanks for posting your story.
HENRY22

Postby Worstyear » 05 Nov 2021, 19:31

Hi camry! I'm so sorry you have that fissure again! It seems this is a hard year. I hope you can hang on and get better soon. I tried paracetamol but it didnt help at all! Just ibuprofen seems to work :(
Did the doc gave you a treatment and meds? I've been thinking a lot about yoga and pelvic floor exercises, i have a yoga mat that i never used for that matter... if you find some videos or resources could you share your experience? I think those might be very helpful for our issues.

Hi Henry! Oh man I feel you. I understand how ocd works so yes, i think the cycle of worrying and pain can be a trigger. I would recommend what missy told you about vaseline, dont use paper, just wet cotton or baby wipes (and pat dry). If you have a bidet or hand shower use it. And yes, go to get psychological aid! I'm fairly ok now but the two first months of pain were a mental hell. I was thankfully already doing therapy, and i really need it. There is always hope. Pain dont let us think straight and im aware of that every day too :(
Btw dont be afraid to go to the doc. Sometimes i need to hear things from them even if they are not what i would like. But matching the pain to a condition its helpful. And they could repeat the treatment and give you support. It is normal to have setbacks with fissures, reecovering is not a linear process at all :(

I had to cancel my doc this week because i got a small flu that scaled into a sinus infection so im on antibiotics now, just a short 3 day course. I feel great but I had to go twice to the toilet every day and feel quite sore down there.
Probably the gtn is not working or stopped working or it is working really slow so, well. Again Im thinking about LIS and never giving birth lol. I think the crs dont want to perform that because im a "young" woman but he doesnt know i have 10 cats :bouncer:
The only thing that worries me is the "incontinence", but i havent read terrible stories about that in this or other places. And we tend to overshare so...
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Postby Camry » 06 Nov 2021, 00:32

Worstyear wrote:Hi camry! I'm so sorry you have that fissure again! It seems this is a hard year. I hope you can hang on and get better soon. I tried paracetamol but it didnt help at all! Just ibuprofen seems to work :(
Did the doc gave you a treatment and meds? I've been thinking a lot about yoga and pelvic floor exercises, i have a yoga mat that i never used for that matter... if you find some videos or resources could you share your experience? I think those might be very helpful for our issues.

Hi Henry! Oh man I feel you. I understand how ocd works so yes, i think the cycle of
worrying and pain can be a trigger. I would recommend what missy told you about vaseline, dont use paper, just wet cotton or baby wipes (and pat dry). If you have a bidet or hand shower use it. And yes, go to get psychological aid! I'm fairly ok now but the two first months of pain were a mental hell. I was thankfully already doing therapy, and i really need it. There is always hope. Pain dont let us think straight and im aware of that every day too :(
Btw dont be afraid to go to the doc. Sometimes i need to hear things from them even if they are not what i would like. But matching the pain to a condition its helpful. And they could repeat the treatment and give you support. It is normal to have setbacks with fissures, reecovering is not a linear process at all :(

I had to cancel my doc this week because i got a small flu that scaled into a sinus infection so im on antibiotics now, just a short 3 day course. I feel great but I had to go twice to the toilet every day and feel quite sore down there.
Probably the gtn is not working or stopped working or it is working really slow so, well. Again Im thinking about LIS and never giving birth lol. I think the crs dont want to perform that because im a "young" woman but he doesnt know i have 10 cats :bouncer:
The only thing that worries me is the "incontinence", but i havent read terrible stories about that in this or other places. And we tend to overshare so...

Hope we all feel better in the coming days.
Currently i am trying to experiment with betadine. I stopped putting calmoseptine cause it stings sometimes. So far on day 1 of betadine the sting is a bit there but just milder. I’d rather choose a mild sting over a major one. Still on magnesium citrate every night before bed time at 200 mg and prune juice in the morning before breakfast.

Regarding the exercises i am still trying to figure it out on you tube. Yoga for beginners. Lets see how it goes hahahahaha
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby Worstyear » 16 Nov 2021, 11:43

News update! Went to the surgeon yesterday and told me there's no more to do than surgery.
Here is the situation: I am stuck in my recovery. No matter what I do, what I eat, how much gtn I use, how much water I drink, the fissure is there. It's 85% better but it is stuck in a state where I don't bleed but it still hurts. The pain is still 2/10 - 3/10 (if I go twice it scales to 5/10) and it's present everyday.

We established a plan. I'm going on vacations on december and he is going on january, so I'll ask for another appointment on january 15th and start the process (ensurance stuff, blood tests, etc).
I think this will happen on february.

I asked him if I could still use nitro because it brings me a little of comfort if I catch the burning sensation in the morning (I'm also using it after second bms if I have one) so he gave blessings.

Basically I will use the nitro until I get the lis, heat pad, ibuprofen (I took ibuprofen 4 days in a row, a bad week indeed), omeprazole if i need to (i havent, yet), drink fluids and eat the best that i can. Oh and miralax / magnesium citrate of course.

Well the fun part, the surgery: he told me he had to perform LIS, that it depends a lot on his ability, remove the piles with a special device that cuts and cauterizes, check if i have some internal hemorrhoids and remove them with that device, and evaluate what is the status of the fissure to cauterize it / close it or not. I don't really understand how that is done, but I trust him.
He told me that I am not able to see my fissure because it's kind of hidden behind the piles. So i'm not really even able to introduce the gtn a little bit inside. I have a massive amount of extra tissue.
I asked him about failing LIS and incontinence. He told me that surgery could be done again if he cuts short, that incontinence is often temporary, and that even if I fall into the small amount of people that stayed with that problem, I have treatments like biofeedback. He didn't lie about the risks and did not promise a fantasy land, so I trust him. He seems to be very down to earth and realistic.

A part of me is really nervous (i had an anxiety attack a couple of days ago) but now I'm like, calm. I don't really know why. It's like, ok I've done everything and I have to do this and end this because it's ruining my life and my mind. I just hope to start a new year without any problems.
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Postby Camry » 18 Nov 2021, 05:05

Worstyear wrote:News update! Went to the surgeon yesterday and told me there's no more to do than surgery.
Here is the situation: I am stuck in my recovery. No matter what I do, what I eat, how much gtn I use, how much water I drink, the fissure is there. It's 85% better but it is stuck in a state where I don't bleed but it still hurts. The pain is still 2/10 - 3/10 (if I go twice it scales to 5/10) and it's present everyday.

We established a plan. I'm going on vacations on december and he is going on january, so I'll ask for another appointment on january 15th and start the process (ensurance stuff, blood tests, etc).
I think this will happen on february.

I asked him if I could still use nitro because it brings me a little of comfort if I catch the burning sensation in the morning (I'm also using it after second bms if I have one) so he gave blessings.

Basically I will use the nitro until I get the lis, heat pad, ibuprofen (I took ibuprofen 4 days in a row, a bad week indeed), omeprazole if i need to (i havent, yet), drink fluids and eat the best that i can. Oh and miralax / magnesium citrate of course.

Well the fun part, the surgery: he told me he had to perform LIS, that it depends a lot on his ability, remove the piles with a special device that cuts and cauterizes, check if i have some internal hemorrhoids and remove them with that device, and evaluate what is the status of the fissure to cauterize it / close it or not. I don't really understand how that is done, but I trust him.
He told me that I am not able to see my fissure because it's kind of hidden behind the piles. So i'm not really even able to introduce the gtn a little bit inside. I have a massive amount of extra tissue.
I asked him about failing LIS and incontinence. He told me that surgery could be done again if he cuts short, that incontinence is often temporary, and that even if I fall into the small amount of people that stayed with that problem, I have treatments like biofeedback. He didn't lie about the risks and did not promise a fantasy land, so I trust him. He seems to be very down to earth and realistic.

A part of me is really nervous (i had an anxiety attack a couple of days ago) but now I'm like, calm. I don't really know why. It's like, ok I've done everything and I have to do this and end this because it's ruining my life and my mind. I just hope to start a new year without any problems.

Wishing you well on the procedure. Hope uou keep us posted after LIS.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby Worstyear » 13 Dec 2021, 19:03

Hello there, I would like to share what is going on.
After a terrible friday 3rd (lots of stinging after two bm) i came here for my vacations.
I took the plane on saturday and sunday was ok, just a minor pain that i turned down with ibuprofen.
On monday, no pain AT ALL. No pain AT ALL SINCE THEN. No burning while bm, no spasms. I stopped the nitro on tuesday. Never took a painkiller again. It felt like a miracle. I feel normal again. I havent felt this since this started... i just tried to get a rational explanation (water quality, no humidity, high oxigen?). I even had 3 bms one day and NOTHING HAPPENED.
Well today I thought I saw a very fine red line on the bm at the morning. I thought it was my paranoia. But I went again and the red stripe was clear.
I dont feel any pain at all... which confuses me, because I havent had blood since 4/5? months ago, and this is the first time that my ass feels normal (i have some slight sensations, its not pain, just reminders that it is still operating).
Anyway, Im really confused. I even thought it could be from raspberrys because im eating jam and ice cream but the stripe seemed fissure blood. I didnt stained the toilet paper either.
Btw im still on miralax because i am quite paranoid and well, weirdness intensified.
Im going to start nitro twice a day if i see blood tomorrow. If any of you had similar experiences please share them with me.
Worstyear
Salt Bather