The injurious dry 'first part' of a stool.

Seeking the logical reason why it occurs.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

The injurious dry 'first part' of a stool.

Postby Fissure UK » 02 Jan 2022, 12:17

As yet I have not come across a remedy for the issue. I read one explanation online stating that it is the last part of a stool that remained in the colon area during the previous BM. Thus  it becomes the first part of the next BM, and by this time it has dried out. Invariably it can be be the part of a stool that causes a fissure during an otherwise very soft BM.

Personally I find that a 'dry first part' does  not happen every time, so there must be logical reason for the occasions when it  does happen. I will prophecise that the first part of a BM is possibly the last part of food that was consumed the previous day. Assuming my theory is correct, it would make sense to consume something after the last meal of the evening that is going to guarantee a 'soft FIRST part' of the BM everytime. For me, that would be pysllium fibre and a couple of glasses of water.

I welcome contributions from other members on here on this issue.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: The injurious dry 'first part' of a stool.

Postby missy moo » 17 Feb 2022, 05:22

Hey I'm there with you. I've been thinking about it too so maybe something soft and moist for dinner something like pumpkin soup etc also what about say you only bm once in the morning like i do what if we ate breakfast late say 10am then ate dinner early say 6pm and no food in between just non caffeine drinks that could help because all that bm would come out together i would think. Maybe only eat between 11am and 5pm eat how you want and what you want but not before or after. I'm going to try not to eat between 6pm and 11am at all and only drink water. Plus fasting is really good for us
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissure UK » 17 Feb 2022, 08:18

Hi Missy Moo,
Since I made that opening post in January, my situation has vastly improved, and I will elaborate further down. One reason being that I have gone back to drinking a cup of prune juice once or twice per day-(it is helpful to have the first cup  in the morning). I've also upped my liquid intake to what it used to be, 6 pints through the day.

I can say that  a BM, be it regular or otherwise is not only due to what we eat and when. One aspect worth being aware of is the day to day state of mind, and how this can assert influence on the physical action of a BM. For example, the state of mind can either vastly delay the BM, or conversely make one rush to the toilet. Just think about the times when we  have been stressed/anxious or  simply feeling happy & content-it has an effect.

Regarding dry stools, it  is not possible for me to give a definitive reason, and I can only share my own experiences. Logically and in the most obvious and simplistic way, I will state that a dry stool does not contain adequate moisture. OK, we know that as a fact, but we don't exactly know why it lacks moisture. However, there is clearly some  activity taking place - physiological or otherwise for  this to happen.

The liquid gold:
 Anything in nature, or inanimate man made objects  where one surface rubs against another potentially causes friction. From the function of the motor car engine, to the humble  condom, or the lock on your door. All function better with lubrication. So, why should a stool passing along the anal canal be any different? Well the simple answer is it is not different in this context.

I started experimented with olive oil-one of the healthiest (if not the most healthy) natural oil on our planet.I have been  taking just one teaspoon (approx 5ml) after breakfast, and again in the evening. Coincidence or otherwise, my BM are smoother and friction free. I still occasionally get the 'dry tip of a stool', but have found that this also passes through without issue. My advice is  DO NOT exceed 3 tea spoons per day.

What I would very much appreciate from the members on here who try this, is your feedback. Please would you let me know if this works for you, and also if it does not.

All of us on here have suffered at one level or another, and many are still suffering. Let us help each other, and try to reduce that suffering.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 17 Feb 2022, 21:14

I've tried 1tbsp before bed for a wk a few years ago it didn't help. Maybe my water intake is low since its summer an its so hot I'm also breastfeeding my baby so that will be draining more liquid out of me. I'm drinking 3 litres of water again starting since i made the post above. I don't know how i let the water intake slip i guess I've been too busy. I follow the medical medium food guide and its pretty natural and healthy. If your interested look into his cleanses maybe for a family member he has cured thousands of people from different diseases from ibs to diabetes. I'm on a cleansing healing journey I'll let you know how i go. Thanks for replying and I'm happy your doing well. I agree we absolutely need to all help each other through this.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissure UK » 18 Feb 2022, 06:28

Hi,

Regarding the table spoon measure at one go, it seems a bit much especially before bed-stomach acid breaking the oil down etc. The advantage of  just a tea spoon 2 to 3 times per day ensures lubrication throughout the day.

I understand how easy it is to let the water intake slip because it happened to me. There are two good methods to help with that. At the start of day,  fill a couple of jugs with the quantity of  water you intend drinking that day.

My method is every time I finish a glass of water I mark it down on a piece of paper, a bit of ink is better than a good memory. When drinking a lot of water I find it helps to sometimes add a bit of  blackcurrent cordial for a change.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather