Hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello

Postby MontyUTB » 07 Jan 2022, 10:45

Hello, I'm Monty from England, UK
I have been a long-time lurker and decided to share my story... hopefully someone finds it useful!
I had an Anal Fissure develop in May 2021 – sharp pain during BM, straining, small amount of bright red blood either when wiping or a small streak on the surface of the stool (I didn't bleed all the time, it was on and off) and a deep burning feel for hours after.
I was prescribed Laxido (1 sachet a day – which I took half on the morning and half on the night) and the symptoms of my fissure stopped in a few days as the stool was much softer.
I kept on with the course of Laxido to help heal the fissure and to increase my fibre / drinking and had no symptoms for 5 months.
In mid-October 2021 I had a review telephone appointment with my Doctor and said my symptoms had improved and would like to ‘take’ myself off the Laxido – I was prescribed 1 more box to help me, so I could reduce the daily dose – I had 3/4 weeks without the Laxido and was doing fine.
By early December 2021, I had a large / painful bowel movement and the fissure returned, I admit I wasn’t drinking enough and I dropped my fibre intake, so it was my fault in part.
The pain wasn’t as bad as the original tear in May 2021, but it was still ‘there’ during a bowel movement and I had on-and-off bright red fresh blood again and the burning feel afterwards.
Luckily I had around 20 sachets left from my October prescription and I went back onto 1 sachet a day, within 24/48 hours the stool was soft again and I had no bleeding and the pain decreased.
It's hard to get a face-to-face doctors appointment in the UK at the moment, with all the coronavirus cases - so as I only had a few sachets left and my fissure symptoms had completely stopped again, I attempted to order a repeat prescription of laxido

The Doctors office called me and asked me to come in for an appointment on 4th of January, I went to the appointment and the Doctor asked me about my general health, I have no other health issues – no adnominal pain, no change in bowel habits, no diarrhoea, no dark / black stools, no dark bleeding, no mucus, no weight-loss, no loss of appetite, etc
The doctor looked at my bum and said she could see a fissure at around the 11 o'clock position (I believe most fissures are either at 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock, so this is pretty much at the same location)
She was happy that it responded to treatment (laxido) pretty much instantly and was happy for me to continue on the low dose as I had no other symptoms and no side effects
I'm now drinking A LOT more water and increasing my fibre again, which is obviously an on-going thing as I would like to come off the Laxido eventually .... I have had a fissure in the past (a few years ago) and my Doctor believes it's just a 'weakness' for me now
So hopefully things will continue to be OK
MontyUTB

Topics: 1

Re: Hello

Postby owmybum » 10 Feb 2022, 13:54

I hope things continue to improve for you!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !